Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

A Conversation about a Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paula View Post
    I don't think you should ever buy an animal on impulse or because someone is trying to guilt trip you. It's a big responsibility, especially dogs that will eat up a lot of time and money (cats are much easier). If you don't feel you could put your heart into caring for the animal then I think it would be unfair to the animal to adopt it.
    I agree. One should not buy things on impulse.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I think you just don't want the responsibility of owning a dog - and it IS a responsibility. If you acquire a pet, that pet is dependent on you for at least sustenance. Too many people like pets and decide to get one without having the responsibility to take care of it properly; that's why there are so many pets at shelters that they often have to be put down to make room for more.
      That's right. I don't want the responsibility of owning a dog.

Comment

I guess it is a scaled-down version of not feeling ready for a serious commitment like getting married (despite your liking girls/boys generally) or becoming a parent (despite your liking kids generally).

We have a dog at home, but as far as responsibility goes, he is my grandparents' dog. We used to have another dog who was functionally our own --until she passed away--, but while she was with us we shared the responsibility.Today, I know I personally couldn't take the responsibility of owning a dog by myself either.
        Last edited by Bisto; 01-11-2017, 05:17 PM.
        We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
        - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
        In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
        Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X