Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake news: Memos tie Trump to Russia

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I listened to most of Trump's press conference today, and he handled himself like a pro. Very calm and cool, well-spoken, and he easily shut down every reporter who tried to get any mileage out of the false allegations. And he had fewer "um's" and "ah's" in 20-minutes than Obama has in a single sentence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Looks like another major claim has been debunked: Trump was not briefed on these salacious memos -- they were only brought along to show Trump what "unvetted disinformation" looked like, but he was never actually briefed on them -- and furthermore, intelligence officials say there is zero evidence that the allegations are true.

Source: Breitbart

Quoting MSNBC, "[A] senior US intelligence official who was involved in the preparation for the meeting tells NBC that the president-elect was not briefed on this so-called two-page addendum of these allegations against him, that it was part of the briefing materials available to the briefers, but it was not included because they believed it to be true, it was included for a different reason. It was included should they feel they needed to explain to Mr. Trump the difference between analyzed intelligence, and what theyíre calling unvetted disinformation, that it was available for that purpose, and that it never came up. Importantly, documents were never presented to Mr. Trump or his team. This was an oral briefing. One reason is that Trumpís ó at Trump Tower thereís no place to contain top-secret documents. This was an oral briefing, and weíre told definitively that this was not told to Mr. Trump at the time. And I just want to say one other thing, according to a high-ranking senior US intelligence official, and Iím quoting, ĎIntel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government, period.'

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...isinformation/

© Copyright Original Source

Again, emphasis mine.

Gee, why haven't any of the "usual suspects" responded to this thread? You guys know who you are.

3. Amen Darth Ovious amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Hello Democrat Comrade!

I am Vladimir Putins, the Russian President. Recently I came into many, many emails that prove Trump is Russian Spy and has mutant sex slaves in Chernobyl.

Due to being in Kremlin, I not able to release emails directly to wikileaks. KGB is watching me like hawk! Trump not to be trusted with Nuclear Footballs! So to save America and Russia, I need help. From only YOU comrade!
    Please contact me immediately so I can transfers damning emails to you and you can release to public! I would send for free, but unfortunately they are being held hostage by dropbox because I not pay my bill. So to save world, please send me $10,000 so I can pay dropbox and get emails to send to you.

Fate of free world is in your hands!

Your friend
    VP"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I hope Trump provided a safe space with puppies and crayons for the "journalists" after that press conference beat-down.

Meet the new boss, he's not like the old boss!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I listened to most of Trump's press conference today, and he handled himself like a pro. Very calm and cool, well-spoken, and he easily shut down every reporter who tried to get any mileage out of the false allegations. And he had fewer "um's" and "ah's" in 20-minutes than Obama has in a single sentence.
    He did an excellent job, I loved when he called out the CNN reporter and said he was "fake news." The liberal press just doesn't know what to do with this guy!
    ďThe settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure, and merriment, He has scattered around. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstasy. It is not hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and pose an obstacle to our return to GodĒ C.S. Lewis

7. Amen Darth Ovious, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Meet the new boss, he's not like the old boss!
    ďThe settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure, and merriment, He has scattered around. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstasy. It is not hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and pose an obstacle to our return to GodĒ C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is getting better and better. After Trump slammed CNN as a fake news organization at the press conference, CNN releases a statement desperately trying to distance themselves from the Buzzfeed memos:

Source: @CNNPR

CNNís decision to publish carefully sourced reporting about the operations of our government is vastly different than BuzzFeedís decision to publish unsubstantiated memos. The Trump team knows this. They are using BuzzFeedís decision to deflect from CNNís reporting, which has been matched by the other major news organisations. We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the reportís allegations.

https://twitter.com/cnnpr/status/819237300668399616

They claim to have made it clear that they had "not corroborated the reportís allegations" even though this revelation doesn't appear until a dozen paragraphs into the story. Talk about burying the lead!

And now Buzzfeed is trying to avoid a feud with CNN after the network's harsh criticism of Buzzfeed's ethics...

That's right, Trump actually has the media turning on each other! Amazing!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is getting better and better. After Trump slammed CNN as a fake news organization at the press conference, CNN releases a statement desperately trying to distance themselves from the Buzzfeed memos:

Source: @CNNPR

CNNís decision to publish carefully sourced reporting about the operations of our government is vastly different than BuzzFeedís decision to publish unsubstantiated memos. The Trump team knows this. They are using BuzzFeedís decision to deflect from CNNís reporting, which has been matched by the other major news organisations. We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the reportís allegations.

https://twitter.com/cnnpr/status/819237300668399616

They claim to have made it clear that they had "not corroborated the reportís allegations" even though this revelation doesn't appear until a dozen paragraphs into the story. Talk about burying the lead!

And now Buzzfeed is trying to avoid a feud with CNN after the network's harsh criticism of Buzzfeed's ethics...

That's right, Trump actually has the media turning on each other! Amazing!
    They are like a bunch of old women gossiping. "Oh Sally! Did you hear about Trump? Why, I heard he had girls pee on the bed Obama slept in! YES! It must be true because Donna's friend, Marsha, her gardener said her friend who works in the hotel saw it with her very own eyes!"

11. Amen Darth Ovious amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    They are like a bunch of old women gossiping. "Oh Sally! Did you hear about Trump? Why, I heard he had girls pee on the bed Obama slept in! YES! It must be true because Donna's friend, Marsha, her gardener said her friend who works in the hotel saw it with her very own eyes!"
    Trump's answer to these accusations was awesome. He gave a long explanation about how any time a high profile guest travels anywhere in the world, especially to places like Russia, you just have to assume there are cameras all over your hotel room recording your every move, and that he's constantly telling people he travels with "Don't do anything you don't want to see on TV." After spending several minutes on that answer, he concluded by saying, "Besides, I'm a germaphobe. I really am! I would never do anything like that. It's disgusting." This got a good-natured laugh from the reporters.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, Trump is never at a loss for words. Sometimes I think he slips in the occasional outlandish statement just to give the press a rabbit trail to follow (most recently, about the alleged lack of gowns in the DC area).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist