Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mansplaining?Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    There is when the problem is asymmetric. While women can be condescending, and I've certainly experienced my share of that, there's more going the other way.

I don't think we have be politically correct and pretend both sides have it equally tough.
    We also don't have to be politically correct and pretend both sides equally warrant the explanation.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a discussion, other than dumb, politically flamed once that had long stopped being discussions and turned into two protesters confronting eachother where something like that occured. I've only ever encountered it in discussions problems that women count for themselves.

In general the cure isn't that bad. Treat the woman in front of you as just as smart as yourself, give her a chance at talking before opening your own mouth. I don't see what's so difficult about it.
      Men crush women in IQ scores at the high levels you are likely to find on a theology board, so odds are very much against the idea that she's just as smart as yourself.

That said, we can find some common ground in the fact that I don't believe Christians should help out feminists (or other hostile tribes) unless it's a life or death situation or it's part of their broader secular duties. To quote Napoleon, "if a feminist is making a mistake, let her".
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Men crush women in IQ scores at the high levels you are likely to find on a theology board, so odds are very much against the idea that she's just as smart as yourself.

That said, we can find some common ground in the fact that I don't believe Christians should help out feminists (or other hostile tribes) unless it's a life or death situation or it's part of their broader secular duties. To quote Napoleon, "if a feminist is making a mistake, let her".
        I earned a 145 in the verbal portion of the WISC IQ test when I was 9. What was your IQ tested at? And smart people know that IQ tests aren't that reliable anyway. Human intellect is too complex to be tested with some standardized test.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I blame it on toxic masculinity. That's not blaming it on gender.
          Yes it is. "Toxic masculinity" is what feminists call being a normal male.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I earned a 145 in the verbal portion of the WISC IQ test when I was 9. What was your IQ tested at? And smart people know that IQ tests aren't that reliable anyway. Human intellect is too complex to be tested with some standardized test.
            I have no idea what my IQ is since I've never done a formal IQ test. It doesn't matter what you earned, this isn't about you personally. Do you know what an "average" is? My comment about high IQs on this board also applies to the women here, but there's like 1 woman for every ten-twenty men which should tell you all you need to know about the general distribution.

And smart people know that IQ tests aren't that reliable anyway.
            No, that's just what people who want to desperately avoid testing intelligence for political purposes like to claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              I have no idea what my IQ is since I've never done a formal IQ test. It doesn't matter what you earned, this isn't about you personally. Do you know what an "average" is? My comment about high IQs on this board also applies to the women here, but there's like 1 woman for every ten-twenty men which should tell you all you need to know about the general distribution.

No, that's just what people who want to desperately avoid testing intelligence for political purposes like to claim.
              There are more men at the high and low ends of the bell curve. And there is specialization. Go fight a saber tooth tiger.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                IIRC you find more men at the upper end of IQ tests than you do women but then you also find more men at the lower end as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  ...but then you also find more men at the lower end as well.
                  Hey I resemble that remark!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

When men are condescending to other men, we just call him a "condescending jerk"

So why does there have to be a special term for men who are condescending to women? They are condescending jerks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      When men are condescending to other men, we just call him a "condescending jerk"

So why does there have to be a special term for men who are condescending to women? They are condescending jerks.
                      Exactly. The term serves only to allow those who use it to cling to a desired victim status.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• OBP got mansplained by elam:
                        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post408652

Hilarious, since OBP actually works in the legal field. This is what a "condescending jerk" looks like.

Comment