Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I understand that's your intent, but your statement does not convey that intent AT ALL. Why not make it clear what you intend to convey?
    I answered in the other thread. I think for the same reason that you would typically say something like, "[Liberals] don't much care how we feel inside as long as we're cowed into doing what they want." I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are speaking freely to make a polemical point and probably do not intend it to be a statement that is literally true of all liberals and not also true of many conservatives.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    See Cow Poke's post on the first page of the thread. As I understand it, if I had a concealed carry permit in Florida, I could not legally carry a concealed weapon in Maryland; the bill's intent is that I would now be allowed to carry a concealed weapon in Maryland as long as I complied with Maryland's concealed carry laws, as long as I had a concealed carry permit issued by another state.
    I'm not sure I understand. Cow Poke is quoting from the same link as Jedidiah, correct? And Jedidiah's quote speaks of not needing 'to worry about conflicting state codes'.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment