Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Boys vs. Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys vs. Girls

Why do men and women still engage in the juvenile playground squabble of whether girls or boys are better? Light hearted debate is okay seeing that this is Civics, but please act your age. Otherwise, I shall treat you as if you were the age of my nieces. Two of them are in the pre-operational stage and three are in the sensori-motor stage.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Why do men and women still engage in the juvenile playground squabble of whether girls or boys are better? Light hearted debate is okay seeing that this is Civics, but please act your age. Otherwise, I shall treat you as if you were the age of my nieces. Two of them are in the pre-operational stage and three are in the sensori-motor stage.
    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Because boys are better, clearly.

Seriously now, I haven't looked too much into this, But I would guess it starts with there being actual differences between the sexes (there can be exceptions in one or another metric, but there still would be statistical differences), and the competitiveness in our behavior that would naturally have us focus on such things. In fact, I don't remember where I read that men are more competitive than women.

Feel free to question any of the above. Except the fact I haven't looked too much into the topic
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

I've not seen anybody here claim that one gender is objectively better than the other except in a playful rejoinder. Does the OP have a specific example in mind?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Because boys are inherently better at some things, and girls are inherently better than other things.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I've not seen anybody here claim that one gender is objectively better than the other except in a playful rejoinder. Does the OP have a specific example in mind?
          I'd hazard a wager that CBW is thinking of this thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...laining-Really

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Because boys are inherently better at some things, and girls are inherently better than other things.
            Aha! You really are a sexist pig, you old geezer!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              Aha! You really are a sexist pig, you old geezer!
              Girls were girls and men were men....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There are some known differences in their brain development.
                https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...etween-genders
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  I think part of the problem is that it was encouraged by the modern day feminist movement to pit women against men. Please note I said part of the problem and also note that I'm giving this as a serious answer.

For example there is an erroneous idea floating about now that says that men are just failed women and they use pseudo science to try and justify it. The idea being is that a baby develops into a female naturally and men just fail to complete that development.

Remember the old feminist saying. "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle". The implication being of course that there is no symbiotic relationship between men and women, despite the fact that there is and that women should be completely independent from men. This has also been because a lot of feminists consider women to above men rather than their equals despite their claims of supporting equality.

I still remember when a boy back at school said to me that girls were smarter than boys. The irony of course was that this boy who said this to me was a straight A student. This attitude is one which was also encouraged and it probably still is.
                  “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                    I still remember when a boy back at school said to me that girls were smarter than boys. The irony of course was that this boy who said this to me was a straight A student. This attitude is one which was also encouraged and it probably still is.
                    FWIW, in school I was the "straight A" kid, but right after me the other 'hard-studying' kids were mostly girls. Boys and girls were both all along the mark spectrum, of course, but I did get the impression there were more girls than boys at the higher end. As far as my class was concerned, I would have agreed with your classmate. I couldn't say the same in uni since I don't see any significant difference here (and there are less women in my major too!).
                    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bisto View Post
                      FWIW, in school I was the "straight A" kid, but right after me the other 'hard-studying' kids were mostly girls. Boys and girls were both all along the mark spectrum, of course, but I did get the impression there were more girls than boys at the higher end. As far as my class was concerned, I would have agreed with your classmate. I couldn't say the same in uni since I don't see any significant difference here (and there are less women in my major too!).
                      It's down to the way that the education system has been manipulated to favour girls over boys. Consider this. When you look at IQ scores there is no real noticeable difference between girls and boys, yet there is a persistence that girls are smarter than boys. It's just not true.
                      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I'd hazard a wager that CBW is thinking of this thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...laining-Really
                        You are correct! Some humans are rude and like to interrupt and monopolize on purpose. I may accidentally do those things. Not on purpose. I just do not hear very well.

Comment

It's down to the way that the education system has been manipulated to favour girls over boys. Consider this. When you look at IQ scores there is no real noticeable difference between girls and boys, yet there is a persistence that girls are smarter than boys. It's just not true.
                          There are different types of intelligence. Maybe I should have titled this thread "Shoehorning People into Stereotypes is Stupid"? Oh! And are boys more likely to learn by moving? Because boys are often more active than girls. They also take longer to develop, but that does not make them stupid. Except when they are teens. Teenagers are stupid on account of their prefrontal cortex developing.
                          Last edited by Christianbookworm; 01-15-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I think part of the problem is that it was encouraged by the modern day feminist movement to pit women against men. Please note I said part of the problem and also note that I'm giving this as a serious answer.

For example there is an erroneous idea floating about now that says that men are just failed women and they use pseudo science to try and justify it. The idea being is that a baby develops into a female naturally and men just fail to complete that development.

Remember the old feminist saying. "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle". The implication being of course that there is no symbiotic relationship between men and women, despite the fact that there is and that women should be completely independent from men. This has also been because a lot of feminists consider women to above men rather than their equals despite their claims of supporting equality.

Not to mention how some of these feminist studies courses in colleges teach that men are not part of the family (defined as the mother and children) but is instead some sort of outsider. Essentially little more than a wallet with a pulse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And the whole ADD/ADHD thing is designed to get boys to be like girls. Boys, as a general rule, are naturally more boisterous and rambunctious so schools encourage parents to drug them so that they are less rowdy and more like the girls.

Comment