Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Fire at Local Charity, Plus a Car Wreck - What a Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire at Local Charity, Plus a Car Wreck - What a Weekend!

So, my mother is on the board of a local charity, the United Veterans Beacon House, which is provides transitional communal housing for homeless veterans. Not always the smoothest thing (she's their treasurer), but really worthwhile to help these great guys get back on their feet.

Earlier today, the garage out back, where the charity's van and a lot of other property were stored, caught fire. Nobody was hurt, but it's a pretty considerable financial loss. And the house leader, a family friend of ours, lost his brand-new car in the blaze. It's just all very shocking.

So if y'all could pray for this, I'd appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------

Oh, also, a 19-year-old from my old home church got into a really nasty car wreck early yesterday morning. Lots of broken bones and significant lacerations. The local trauma unit patched him up pretty good, put him in an induced coma to give him some rest, and they're slowly bringing him back to consciousness. Looks like he'll recover well, though there may be some nerve damage in his left arm. Please pray for him also.

"The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton