Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Logos Software -- Any Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logos Software -- Any Users?

I got a copy of Logos in November.

I wasn't interested in it at first, but after going through some lessons it seems more interesting.

My primary focus in scripture, for now, is on the overview of Paul's letters. As such I didn't think that a strong focus on individual word meanings would be that critical to my task. However, the Logos software does bring forth much information via context menus (right-mouse button). Basically Logos is an example of a highly integrated and greatly developed hypertext system -- the model behind much of the web browser concept.

Are other people using Logos?

[*Try this again*]

I quit playing with Legos quite awhile ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [*Try this again*]

I quit playing with Legos quite awhile ago.
      Again? Raphael had to build tweb after the last time you said that.
      Last edited by mikewhitney; 01-21-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I purchased the expensive version of logos a long time ago, and have kept up with the updates....

It's very powerful, but so many times when I use it, it's updating itself, or rebuilding libraries, or wanting me to upgrade....

For most stuff I need I can run in real quick to blueletterbible.org or biblegateway or something --- their commentaries are pretty extensive.

I took one class in it, and I quickly learned that there are way too many options to configure and things to learn to make it useful. I wish it were more intuitive.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          Again? Raphael had to build tweb after the last time you said that.
          Had to test the system

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I purchased the expensive version of logos a long time ago, and have kept up with the updates....

It's very powerful, but so many times when I use it, it's updating itself, or rebuilding libraries, or wanting me to upgrade....

For most stuff I need I can run in real quick to blueletterbible.org or biblegateway or something --- their commentaries are pretty extensive.

I took one class in it, and I quickly learned that there are way too many options to configure and things to learn to make it useful. I wish it were more intuitive.
            I tend to use biblegateway and biblehub. Keep forgetting about blueletterbible

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I tend to use biblegateway and biblehub. Keep forgetting about blueletterbible
              I particularly like the ease with which you can set up and save a "parallel bible" in BibleGateway....

I like the KJV, ESV and HSCB, and I like to read them side by side, so ..... you can set it up one time, then save the url...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...n=KJV;ESV;HCSB

parallel bible.jpg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I'm going through a class presented through Logo regarding the user interface and features. It is already taking 3 or 4 days to get through it. I would skip a bunch of stuff except that this is being used as part of my actual school class.

Comment

I forgot to mention that this is a video class (but has the full script or transcription provided as well). I've been playing the video at double speed. (It was nice that Logos provided that feature for the videos.)

Comment