Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inaguration crowd size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    "Christians" in the sense that "my gramma was a Christian" or "I was practically born in Church"?

If a cat crawls into an oven and gives birth to kittens, we don't call them muffins.
    Right, so there aren't that many of you around, is there? Of course it's a matter of opinion if even you fit the description.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use sorghum on your cornbread?
      I'm not even sure where I could get sorghum. Sounds interesting, though.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Very popular in the south - often mixed with butter in place of honey.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

biscuit, shortbread, cornbread.... you're on to something here, Brum!
          Once inspiration hits it doesn't leave for a while. For me it's like those huge domino setups, knock one over and they all start to go.

Comment

Well, in the U.S. its main use is to feed pigs and other livestock.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Learn something new every day.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Very popular in the south - often mixed with butter in place of honey.
                Now I'm going to have to 1) find sorghum and b) make cornbread. I don't think I've ever made it before, though I'm sure I have a recipe or three for it.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The plant/grain, or the syrup?
                  sigpic

Comment

The plant/grain, or the syrup?
                    Huffpo actually has a decent article about it...

What Is Sorghum? And Why Is The South So Obsessed With It?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right, so there aren't that many of you around, is there? Of course it's a matter of opinion if even you fit the description.

Comment

• Hush. He's busy undermining Roy's assertion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not in the same sense as the religious LEADERS of Jesus' day, no.
                          I agree that not ALL evangelicals are "leaders." But there are evangelical leaders that are the contemporary versions of the Pharisees and Sadducees, and evangelical followers which are the equivalent of the people who followed and fell in line with the Pharisees and Sadducees. I'd consider the comparison quite apt.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          You are hereby called on the overly broad language. Again.
                          Color me surprised...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            If we held all of DC to that standard, DC would be a very empty place. It always amazes me how many non Christian liberals suddenly found religion in the Trump era while flushing it down the drain for decades.
                            I can pretty much assure you that I have not "found religion." I am, however, pointing out a fairly blatant level of hypocrisy...
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

What are charles, oxmixmudd, et al? Chopped liver?
                              Well- there are exceptions.

But they are the exceptions. Not the norm.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use sorghum on your cornbread?
                                Why would anyone with sore gums eat cornbread?

Comment