Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inaguration crowd size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Boy are you gullible.

Looks like CNN is still using that deceptive photo that we know for a fact was taken at least an hour before the inauguration and which is contradicted by CNN's own interactive Gigapixel image of the event showing the crowd at its peak.

This is fake news. You swallowed the fish, Chuck!
    Obama received 6.5 million more votes than Trump did and that was 8 years previous. Heck, even H. Clinton, receiving 3 million more votes, was more popular than Trump. So, put it to rest "doofus."
    Last edited by JimL; 09-08-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• And yet Hillary isn't president.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And yet Hillary isn't president.
        Right, she's only much more popular than Trump, and Obama was so much more popular that his inauguration crowd dwarfed that of Trumps.

Comment

And yet Hillary isn't president.
          And SCOTUS isn't Hillary's!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And SCOTUS isn't Hillary's!
            Look out for the ‘not our Supreme Court’ movement.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Look out for the ‘not our Supreme Court’ movement.
              Would not surprise me in the least if the loony left threw more temper tantrums.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Right, she's only much more popular than Trump, and Obama was so much more popular that his inauguration crowd dwarfed that of Trumps.
                Fake news, Jimmy. Obama's crowd did not "dwarf" Trump's. Despite what low-information morons like you believe based on the lies spoon fed to you by the liberal media, Trump's and Obama's crowd sizes were, in fact, comparable.

Inauguration Crowd Size.jpg

Comment

Does it matter if it was cropped or not? The picture was taken at least an hour before the inauguration and clearly does not show the crowd at its peak. Look, go to the start of this thread and start reading, because this was all discussed in the previous 10-pages.
                  Your complaint in the post I responded to was that there is some sort of bias being sisplayed.

But if the topic being discussed is the fact they were encouraged to crop the pictures to feed the president's delusions and that is the picture that was cropped, then that is what they should be showing, how the presidents delusions were panderred to by his staff.

What should be happening in this thread is that all parties should be shocked that the man holding the codes to our nuclear arsenal is in fact this many cards short of a full deck.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Fake news, Jimmy. Obama's crowd did not "dwarf" Trump's. Despite what low-information morons like you believe based on the lies spoon fed to you by the liberal media, Trump's and Obama's crowd sizes were, in fact, comparable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30788[/ATTACH]
                    You can believe whatever you want to believe about the size of the respective inauguration crowds, you'd be wrong of course, but you can't get around the fact that both Obama and Clinton are more popular than the current liar and chief head case and so the concern he has about the size of his inauaguration crowd is really just an irrelevant show of Trump's enormous and ill founded ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLanebrain View Post
                      You can believe whatever you want to believe about the size of the respective inauguration crowds, you'd be wrong of course, but you can't get around the fact that both Obama and Clinton are more popular than the current liar and chief head case and so the concern he has about the size of his inauaguration crowd is really just an irrelevant show of Trump's enormous and ill founded ego.
                      There is photo evidence throughout this thread, Jimmy, and the fact is that Trump's inauguration crowd was much larger than what was deceptively implied by the media. Your response is to basically say, "Are you going to believe the liberal spin, or your lying eyes?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Would not surprise me in the least if the loony left threw more temper tantrums.
                        It will be interesting to see what happens if the Supreme Court starts making unpopular decisions after it has been corrupted by the extreme right.

The GOP took advantage of a corrupted election to modify the Supreme Court in its favour and therefore SCOTUS itself is illegitimate and may have to be overthrown in due course.
                        Last edited by firstfloor; 09-09-2018, 01:16 PM.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30788[/ATTACH]
                          It actually doesn't surprise me that mm would not understand the science of perspective and what foreshortening can do to conceal gaps at the far distance from this photo's perspective.

It also doesn't surprise me that he would still buy into the idea there was some sort of conspiracy/cover up designed to alter the perception of Trump's crowd size.

The simple fact is Obama's crowd size was larger by a significant amount, even though Trump's crowd size was in fact large.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            It will be interesting to see what happens if the Supreme Court starts making unpopular decisions after it has been corrupted by the extreme right.
                            Well, first it would have to be corrupted by the extreme right, and only the nuttiest nutters will think that under these circumstances.

The GOP took advantage of a corrupted election to modify the Supreme Court in its favour and therefore SCOTUS itself is illegitimate and may have to be overthrown in due course.
                            And, in outer news, the aliens have finished probing FF for this round and have returned him safe, but confused, to his mother's basement.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                              It actually doesn't surprise me that mm would not understand the science of perspective and what foreshortening can do to conceal gaps at the far distance from this photo's perspective.

It also doesn't surprise me that he would still buy into the idea there was some sort of conspiracy/cover up designed to alter the perception of Trump's crowd size.

The simple fact is Obama's crowd size was larger by a significant amount, even though Trump's crowd size was in fact large.

Jim
                              Go through the thread from the beginning, kiddo, and see if you can explain how angle and focal length can magically turn an empty space into a full one. We've heard that spin already, and there is a significant discrepancy between the photo taken at least an hour before the inauguration versus photos taken during that can't be explained away as a simple difference in perspective. Journalist Brit Hume who attended the inauguration has said himself that the crowd was much larger than was portrayed by the liberal media.

I also never disputed that Obama's crowd was larger, but it didn't "dwarf" Trump's by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

I also never disputed that Obama's crowd was larger, but it didn't "dwarf" Trump's by any stretch of the imagination.
                                But that's not what Trump was claiming. He said: "this was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe". It was a lie, one of the thousands of documented lies attributed to Trump. He's a pathological liar. Deal with it.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment