Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.S. in 'beginning stages' of talks on Jerusalem embassy move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting over use and ownership of this piece of land goes back much earlier than that, long before the existence of modern Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. These subsequent religious views certainly complicate the issues. The several displacements of the Israeli and Jewish people over the centuries by world empires, eg, Assyrian, Babylonian, Roman, interrupted their claim to the territory as their homeland. The Crusades increased the involvement of Christianity in the dispute over this land, primarily with Muslims, but the dispute certainly did not begin with the Crusades. Christian anti-semitism in Europe, which eventually contributed to the Holocaust, ultimately motivated Western democracies, especially the United States, to support Jewish efforts to reclaim their homeland, the capital of which is indeed considered holy to three major world-religions, but the conflict did not begin with the Crusades, and initially was not religious in nature.
    אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Like Starlight you are a racist and anti-Semite.

The Jews had Jerusalem as a capital 1,500 years before Mohammad was born.
      The idea that a free and democratic society should have to locate a capital based upon a Muslim holy site (which will remain fully functional, btw) is born of racism.
      You can give no logical reasons other than your hate of the Jewish people.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        not atheism per se. In fact the majority of largely atheist countries today are prosperous and peaceful...including your own Denmark with its 80% atheistic/Agnostic population.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_atheist.html
        An atheist country is not determined by its population makeup but by its governmental policies. China, Russia, North Korea are atheist because they outlaw(ed) religion and the state "religion" was atheism. That is not Denmark. It is secular, like the USA and Australia, but it allows freedom of religion. You were arguing about religion causing wars in the context of governments. Well in that case, atheist governments cause just as much if not more war, and they have even more horrid treatment of their own citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          Like Starlight you are a racist and anti-Semite.

The Jews had Jerusalem as a capital 1,500 years before Mohammad was born.
          The idea that a free and democratic society should have to locate a capital based upon a Muslim holy site (which will remain fully functional, btw) is born of racism.
          You can give no logical reasons other than your hate of the Jewish people.
          Tassman hates all religions equally.

Comment

Communism was a failed experiment in not atheism per se. In fact the majority of largely atheist countries today are prosperous and peaceful...including your own Denmark with its 80% atheistic/Agnostic population.

In another thread we ran the calculations and it turned out you were 20X more likely to be murdered by an atheist in the 20th century than by a Christian in the previous 2,000 years combined. On a percentage basis the Inquisition and such cannot approach the sheer magnitude of the havoc visited upon mankind by atheists. Does that mean all atheists are dangerous? No. However, their track record is one of horror.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If that were true he wouldn't be shilling for the Muslims.
              Nope, I'm pretty sure he's a run of the mill anti-Semite.

Comment

In fact the majority of largely atheist countries today are prosperous and peaceful...including your own Denmark with its 80% atheistic/Agnostic population.

That 2005 survey does not say that 80% of Denmark is atheist/agnostic. It says that at least 43% to at most 80% are, which is a huge swing. For the curious, the survey was compiled by atheist advocate and all around anti-Christian, Professor Phil Zuckerman of Pitzer College for The Cambridge Companion to Atheism. Of course, as long as his methods are sound there's no need to invoke any genetic fallacies, but thought that was interesting.

Probably a more accurate poll is the one conducted by the European Commission in 2010. There they found that 28% of Danes agreed with the statement "I believe there is a God" 47% agreed with the statement "I believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and only 24% agreed with the statement "I don't believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force" (1% declined to answer).

Of course, the trend towards secularism will end up reversing as the native Western European population continues to shrink, and the gap is filled by the growth of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  No he doesn't. He particularly despises Christianity. I very much doubt he hangs out on Jewish, Islamic, or Hindu forums arguing how evil they are.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think he thinks of Arabs as Muslims, but as a tool to use against the Christians and Jews. If he did think of them as religious, he would hate them as much. He suffers from cognitive dissonance. The very idea of "God" seems to make him foam at the mouth like a rabid dog.

Comment

Anti-semites don't usually hate Jews because of their religion. Tassman/Starlight etc. hate all white people. They side with barbaric muslims over far more liberal westerners in just about every area of politics. So it's not like this is something new to them. In any conflict involving different ethnic groups, they will take the side of whoever isn't white if available.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          The Jews and Christians are getting along just fine
                          They're not, actually. Most Christians in Israel are Palestinians, and get little love from either Jews or Muslims (but generally side with the Muslims; it's only recently that there's been some shift in this).
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            Anti-semites don't usually hate Jews because of their religion. Tassman/Starlight etc. hate all white people. They side with barbaric muslims over far more liberal westerners in just about every area of politics. So it's not like this is something new to them. In any conflict involving different ethnic groups, they will take the side of whoever isn't white if available.
                            Thanks for the information.
                            I didn't know it was the whole 'hate white people' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              They're not, actually. Most Christians in Israel are Palestinians, and get little love from either Jews or Muslims (but generally side with the Muslims; it's only recently that there's been some shift in this).
                              I guess I'm going from my own myopic experience of having been there, and focusing mainly on old city Jerusalem, where the tourism industry makes strange bedfellows.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I guess I'm going from my own myopic experience of having been there, and focusing mainly on old city Jerusalem, where the tourism industry makes strange bedfellows.
                                Non-Jewish residents of Jerusalem don't have Israeli citizenship. They can get permission to travel to other countries, but if they don't get back before their papers expire, Israel doesn't let them back in. If Christian archaeological remains are found during construction in Jerusalem, they can be briefly inspected, but the construction project will go on; this is not the case with Jewish archaeological remains, which are preserved for display.

That's what I learned when I was over there.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment