Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Mrs CP Baked me some Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs CP Baked me some Bacon

Yeah, BAKED it - in the oven.

She laid out the strips of bacon on a cookie cooling rack atop a flat baking pan, and baked the bacon at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
    It was crispy like we used to get before the war, and wow - tasted wonderful!

Whoduhthunkit!

BAKED BACON!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

duhhh. Bake-on. bacon.

Comment

Mrs CP NEVER says 'duhh' when baking bacon.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I bake bacon. But sometimes I broil it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I bake bacon. But sometimes I broil it.
          It's so nonsplattery! And it doesn't smell up the house for hours and hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Oh the horrors. A house smelling of bacon

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It just takes a little longer to cook, that's all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

i may have to try that. can i borrow some bacon?

Comment

Mrs CP NEVER says 'duhh' when baking bacon.
                  She waits until you start scarfing

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Oh the horrors. A house smelling of bacon
                    What if it smelled of bacon, but there was no actual bacon, just the aroma?

Comment

If any missus on campus or off happens to be wanting to go one further, from baking bacon to making bacon, the recipe is here:

Pen and Pension : Making Georgian Bacon
                      https://penandpension.com/2016/11/02/making-bacon/

Since it is somewhat critical of the "necessity" for everyone to make bacon him or herself if wanting some, back in the times of Georges Washington and Rex, I made a few observations on that on my own blog.

... you seem totally to neglect towns.

If you lived as a cobbler in a town, did you produce your bacon yourself?

Pretty certainly not.

The fact that doing bacon yourself was very much done comes in with people having some kind of country connexion.

Does this mean a cobbler in town never ate bacon?

Pretty certainly not that either.

Pretty certainly, some innkeeper was following that recipe who had pigs, and who sold bacon to those who hadn't.
                      http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          EGGzackly! Wars have started over such! That's how the Bay of Pigs incident happened!

Comment

Originally posted by cow poke View Post
                            EGGzandBACONackly! Wars have started over such! That's how the Bay of Pigs incident happened!
                            ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                              Unpossible in my experience.

Comment