Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No More Foreign Aid For Abortion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well that would be true Sparko, but only if someone actually told you that you had no business discussing the topic, but no one did. What was said is that, in our opinion, in the end, the decision itself is none of your business.

JimL, you are truly the dumbest person I have ever met on the interwebz.

Comment

• Killing of innocents is everyone's business.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Well that would be true Sparko, but only if someone actually told you that you had no business discussing the topic, but no one did. What was said is that, in our opinion, in the end, the decision itself is none of your business.
        Aside from you just doing so...
        Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Well I'm sure women will be grateful for your gratuitous advice.

But the bottom line is that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• For the purposes of this thread I self-identify as a woman. Now I can talk about abortion and tell Tassman and JimL to shut up because it is none of their business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            For the purposes of this thread I self-identify as a woman. Now I can talk about abortion and tell Tassman and JimL to shut up because it is none of their business.
            sparko-mrs.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

JimL, you are truly the dumbest person I have ever met on the interwebz.
              Well thats okay Sparko, you're not too bright yourself. You're just not smart enough to understand the difference between someone telling you that in their opinion a womans choice is none of your business, and telling you to shut up about it. Tass didn't tell you to shut up, or to stop voicing your opinion, he told you that he believes that ultimately it is none of your business. So grow up!

Comment

Well thats okay Sparko, you're not too bright yourself. You're just not smart enough to understand the difference between someone telling you that in their opinion a womans choice is none of your business, and telling you to shut up about it. Tass didn't tell you to shut up, or to stop voicing your opinion, he told you that he believes that ultimately it is none of your business. So grow up!
                And lo, irony meters did shatter throughout the land. Yea verily, the very meters in the factory didst shatter in the hands of the assemblers thereof, and amongst the foremen there was weeping and gnashing of teeth, for production schedules wouldst not be met.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  And lo, irony meters did shatter throughout the land. Yea verily, the very meters in the factory didst shatter in the hands of the assemblers thereof, and amongst the foremen there was weeping and gnashing of teeth, for production schedules wouldst not be met.
                  actually half the irony meter factories blew up it is going to take a year or so for them to get up and running again

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Killing of innocents is everyone's business.
                    Certainly the killing of innocent persons is everyone's business, but the majority does not view insensate fetus's as "persons" to be protected by law. Neither did the Supreme Court in its Roe v Wade ruling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Certainly the killing of innocent persons is everyone's business, but the majority does not view insensate fetus's as "persons" to be protected by law. Neither did the Supreme Court in its Roe v Wade ruling.
                      I said nothing about persons.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        I said nothing about persons.
                        "Persons" is the essential distinction. Most people do not view insensate fetus's as "persons" to be protected by law and neither does the Supreme Court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          "Persons" is the essential distinction. Most people do not view insensate fetus's as "persons" to be protected by law and neither does the Supreme Court.
                          using the personhood false dichotomy is a way to dehumanize human beings the babie in the womb at what ever stage after the sperm nad egge meet is a separate HUMAN BEING deserving of life not to be killed for convenience. Science tells us that it is a separate human being from the mother and the father not part of the mothers body. so no the Mother has no rights to do what ever she wants with another human beings body.

and the supreme court is wrong on this like it was with the Dred Scott decision.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-12-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            using the personhood false dichotomy is a way to dehumanize human beings . . .
                            That is it's only real function.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              using the personhood false dichotomy is a way to dehumanize human beings the babie in the womb at what ever stage after the sperm nad egge meet is a separate HUMAN BEING deserving of life not to be killed for convenience. Science tells us that it is a separate human being from the mother and the father not part of the mothers body. so no the Mother has no rights to do what ever she wants with another human beings body.
                              and the supreme court is wrong on this like it was with the Dred Scott decision.
                              Your opinion, the majority disagrees.

Comment

You are such a dumbass. The whole POINT of him telling me it was none of my business was to tell me to stop discussing it and getting me to shut up because he could not argue against my points. It was a last desperate attempt to save face. Everyone saw it. You trying to bail him out is even MORE embarrassing for him.

Regardless, it IS my business. Anything that happens in my society is my business. If a woman decides to kill her baby it is everyone's business. Whether killing a baby is legal or not is everyone's business. Women don't get pregnant on their own, so men have just as much say so in the outcome of the pregnancy as the woman does. All of society does. The baby does.

Comment