Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Humans Caused Extinction of Australia’s Prehistoric Giant Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Nothing in Berthault's experiments deals with clay varving nor other natural clay deposits. They do not suggest anything of the sort. He only used sand in his experiments.
    I'm wondering how his experiments take faunal succession into account. Or how they explain the existence of sub-aerial igneous deposits. Or a hundred other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret View Post
      I'm wondering how his experiments take faunal succession into account. Or how they explain the existence of sub-aerial igneous deposits. Or a hundred other things.
      A freshman college level lab experiment (I taught Geology lab in graduate school) cannot do any of the above.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The Genesis Flood is not known by any objective evidence that it ever happened. An ancient tale developed from Babylonian, Canaanite and Ugarite mythology is not known, nor supported by evidence.
        Your remarks suggest that you have never heard of the Nippur tablet, which is older than the Gilgamesh Epic and also monotheistic, implying that Gilgamesh came after Genesis, not before.

Moreover, you have not yet shown awareness of the sheer scale of demographic testimony for such a flood, coming from cultures all over the world, with great divergence from Genesis in key respects and yet also often with telling congruities such as names similar to 'Noah' for the character who survived it.

As for the claims in this thread that the results of Berthault's work were well-known long before he did his experiments, kindly explain then why the French Academy of Sciences received his paper, and why Nature published the results of similar work by evolutionists a decade later?

Comment

Originally posted by Bret View Post
          (1) Lazarus taxa.

(2) You seem to be under the mistaken impression that all Flood geology models involve the whole of the earth's surface being underwater during the entire Flood event. Yet again, it seems that its opponents don't always do their homework thoroughly.

Comment

Ut is becoming more apparent that humans are more responsible for the extinction of the large mammals.

Source: http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/humans-extinction-megafauna-04554.html

“The Australian collection of megafauna some 50,000 years ago included 1,000-pound kangaroos, 2-ton wombats, 25-foot-long lizards, 400-pound flightless birds, 300-pound marsupial lions and Volkswagen-sized tortoises,” said University of Colorado Boulder Professor Gifford Miller, lead co-author on the study.

“More than 85% of Australia’s mammals, birds and reptiles weighing over 100 pounds went extinct shortly after the arrival of the first humans.”

“Whether humans were responsible for the demise of the Pleistocene megafauna across Australia has been debated for many years,” said lead co-author Dr. Sander van der Kaars, a researcher at Monash University, Australia.

“Our study found that the demise of the megafauna in southwest Australia took place from 45,000 to 43,100 years ago and was not linked to major changes in climate, vegetation or biomass burning but is consistent with extinction being driven by ‘imperceptible overkill’ by humans.”

The researchers analyzed a continuous and precisely dated sediment core collected offshore southwest Australia that captures the last 150,000 years in high resolution.

Environmental proxies preserved in the sediments track environmental change and the abundance of megafauna.

© Copyright Original Source

Those early humans were hungry and bigger animals provide more food.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertetuesi View Post
              (1) Lazarus taxa.

(2) You seem to be under the mistaken impression that all Flood geology models involve the whole of the earth's surface being underwater during the entire Flood event. Yet again, it seems that its opponents don't always do their homework thoroughly.
              What Flood geology models would those be? I've only ever seen one with the whole Earth's surface under water all at once.

If you're willing to discuss Flood geology there are some interesting geologic formations I'd like to discuss with you. You game?

Comment

Your remarks suggest that you have never heard of the Nippur tablet, which is older than the Gilgamesh Epic and also monotheistic, implying that Gilgamesh came after Genesis, not before.

Moreover, you have not yet shown awareness of the sheer scale of demographic testimony for such a flood, coming from cultures all over the world, with great divergence from Genesis in key respects and yet also often with telling congruities such as names similar to 'Noah' for the character who survived it.

As for the claims in this thread that the results of Berthault's work were well-known long before he did his experiments, kindly explain then why the French Academy of Sciences received his paper, and why Nature published the results of similar work by evolutionists a decade later?
                This is not the topic of the thread, and none of the above is accurate. I may start another thread based on this.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

(1) Lazarus taxa.

See: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...735#post471735 for a continuing of this topic, Willing to fully discuss your assertion for a literal Genesis and a flood Geology. Please make it clear whether you are promoting a world flood as described in Genesis, or an abridged regional flood, for which there is no evidence for either in the time from of Genesis.

In this thread please stay ON TOPIC!

Frank

Comment

Yes, names such as Deucalion, Wirili-up, Wigan and Bugan and [two unnamed siblings] (to pick four at random) are very similar names to "Noah".
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

This is not the topic of the thread, and none of the above is accurate. I may start another thread based on this.
                      Vertetuesi only does the occasional drive-by post and run. Don't expect a response.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Vertetuesi only does the occasional drive-by post and run. Don't expect a response.
                        So, just like Jorge, then, only with less sound and fury signifying nothing.
                        "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          The gooney bird making a fly by and a smelly dump in the dark and disappears into the night.

Frank

Comment