Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Your help is needed. Please donate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your help is needed. Please donate.

As you all know, Tweb was recently down and we lost a couple of days worth of posts. This was due basically to our current version of software (VBulletin 4) being at its "end of life" - meaning that it is not being updated. This caused problems when we updated our server software, it made our forum incompatible with the latest version of PHP.

Anyway, as a solution and because we believe it is time, we are going to upgrade to Vbulletinboard 5.2 - but it is expensive so we need your help.

It is going to cost us $359 to upgrade the software, and we will be using a separate server to do the testing so we won't be messing up the current tweb. That will take a few months and will mean we will have to temporarily have to pay for a second server at $24/month.

So we are coming to you to beg for donations. Please give what you can. You can make a one time donation of any amount, or if you wish please consider signing up for a monthly subscription (as low as $5/month) which you can stop at any time.

The link to our donation page is:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...ologywebdonate

====
    The new version of Vbulletin will have some nice features:
    1. You can customize how the site looks and feels in your settings panel. Change buttons, colors, etc.
    2. Built-in Post "likes"
    3. Built-in Chat box
    4. Mobile apps for IOS and Android.
    5. Personal Blogs
    6. Better search filters

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

And Thank You for supporting Theologyweb!
    Last edited by Sparko; 01-24-2017, 10:48 AM.

Done.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

We have gotten a couple of donations already. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Comment

Is there a deadline? How close are you so far?
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          Is there a deadline? How close are you so far?
          No deadline. This is a long term project (a few months at least to get the new version switched over once we buy the upgrade) so any money over the next few months will be appreciated. So far I think we have gotten in about $130 (Thanks!!) Our "goal" is around $500, but if we can pick up some monthly subscriptions on an ongoing basis, that would really help us in the long run. And we will probably go ahead and buy the upgrade before we get the whole donation in, hoping that people will sill donate and make up the difference as we go on.

Comment

When I get home.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I signed up for a monthly donation.
              3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Do I donate the same way as before? And can you remind me of the address if so?
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Do I donate the same way as before? And can you remind me of the address if so?
                  Yes. I will PM you.

Comment

Just an update, we have about $250 donated now. Thank you to everyone who helped out so far. We still need more to get the new software upgrade and run the test server so please help if you can.

Comment

guys, with this recent problem of google blacklisting us because of some malware, the vulnerabilities of our old version are pretty apparent. we need to get the new version bought and set up as soon as we can. so please! help us out with whatever donations you can.

Comment

Can we get another update?

Comment

we are at around $220

ETA: reading back today I just noticed this was an error. at this point we had about $280
                          Last edited by Sparko; 03-19-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Come on folks, help out here.

Comment

Done.

Hopefully we're getting close, I can't wait for a T-Web app. ^_^
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment