Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Your help is needed. Please donate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myth View Post
    Done.

Hopefully we're getting close, I can't wait for a T-Web app. ^_^
    thanks. the apps will take longer than the new site. we have to go through the vetting process to get them into the itunes store and android market, and that apparently costs another couple of hundred bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      thanks. the apps will take longer than the new site. we have to go through the vetting process to get them into the itunes store and android market, and that apparently costs another couple of hundred bucks.
      Well, it sucks that it'll cost more. But it's a worthy goal to increase T-Web's accessibility in the mobile-dominated world in which we live.

I think this site has blessed enough people that we won't have enough trouble raising the funds necessary when the time comes.

Thanks, by the way, for the work you and the other owners do to maintain the site.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

update, with myth's donation we have reached enough to pay for the upgrade. we have already purchased it* and are working on the upgrade on a second server. once we have it in a usable condition we will invite those of you who donated (and select others) to help beta test it before going live. we still anticipate a few to several months to switch over to the new system. The new version of vbullettin (5) is a completely new program, and they changed a lot of things including things like the template system, the moderating system, various additional features (previously mentioned) and more.

we still need more donations or hopefully subscriptions to help pay the additional costs of running the test server and with the monthly operation costs of tweb so please continue to help if you can. and thank you everyone who donated so far, it really means a lot to us.

*we purchased it a few weeks ago anticipating your generosity would cover the cost, and you all came through!
        Last edited by Sparko; 03-19-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
          Well, it sucks that it'll cost more. But it's a worthy goal to increase T-Web's accessibility in the mobile-dominated world in which we live.

I think this site has blessed enough people that we won't have enough trouble raising the funds necessary when the time comes.

Thanks, by the way, for the work you and the other owners do to maintain the site.
          even without the apps, the mobile version of the site can (like this version) be accessed through mobile browsers. the apps will however give us more exposure and hopefully help revitalize tweb with more members.

and thanks for the donation and the kudos.

Comment

I know it's already been said, but thanks to all those who donated!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              I know it's already been said, but thanks to all those who donated!
              The need is not over, however, as Sparko mentioned. But thanks to all who did step up.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

What's the status on this?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Raphael was tied up at work with a major project and it has been on hold until he can resume working on it. We currently have a test server up, but it needs a lot of tweaking. For example, the reporting and moderation tools are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    the reporting and moderation tools are not working.
                    Sounds like a solid upgrade.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

So what is the latest status of things...?
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        So what is the latest status of things...?
                        Raphael got busy at work and doesn't have time to work on the upgrade so it is on hold till he gets time.

Comment

I have no problem donating to places I use online of shareware types of software, but the problem I have is that I post (as many do) and write under a couple different pseudonyms. I believe law requires that one's actual name be used on accounts that transfer money over the internet or normal transactions. In other words, if I use PayPal or debit or credit to contribute, my real name is revealed. I'm a very private person and resist this. I can think of only two possibilities: 1. send cash, 2. go to my bank and see if I can open a separate account using my pseudonym so I can make the occasional contribution online.

Have you ever run into this problem, and if so are you aware of a workaround? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anomaly View Post
                            I have no problem donating to places I use online of shareware types of software, but the problem I have is that I post (as many do) and write under a couple different pseudonyms. I believe law requires that one's actual name be used on accounts that transfer money over the internet or normal transactions. In other words, if I use PayPal or debit or credit to contribute, my real name is revealed. I'm a very private person and resist this. I can think of only two possibilities: 1. send cash, 2. go to my bank and see if I can open a separate account using my pseudonym so I can make the occasional contribution online.

Have you ever run into this problem, and if so are you aware of a workaround? Thanks.
                            For this, I set up a Bluebird account - a FREE debit card solution from Amex/Walmart. As long as you put cash on it at the service desk at Walmart, there is no fee. And there's not a fee to use it, either. And you can use whatever name you wish!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Anomaly View Post

I don't know of any way to donate without your name being revealed to us. We do keep it private. But don't worry about it. We ask for donations but don't require them. You are free to use Theologyweb without pay.

And right now we are still waiting on Raphael to have time to do the upgrade.

Comment

I made a donation. It can go for whatever needs there are.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X