Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Your help is needed. Please donate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post

Now I realise that I can bung a few quid via paypal.....no probs.
    That's how I occasionally support wiki.

We pay our Council tax, TV licence, Water, Electric, Mobile/Internet all by payment cards..... and the only IT payment system we use is paypal, but they've got it here.... happy days!
    Indeed. I'm hoping to be in a position to make regular donations in the future (and now that I know it can be done), but right now it has to be "as opportunity permits."
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Indeed. I'm hoping to be in a position to make regular donations in the future (and now that I know it can be done), but right now it has to be "as opportunity permits."
      For sure....... same here.

Comment

You guys are appreciated. We try to keep our costs down as low as possible and never charge for content, but as you can see we do need donations to help keep tweb open and free. Even a few dollars here and there helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

My wife and I would need to come to a new arrangement for that to happen (monthly payments). She is an Adventist and used to send a lot of money to that church monthly. I finally objected because I think they are loopy and I don't approve of my money going to publish books by Ellen White. So she stopped on the condition that I don't fund my theological leanings, which is what she considers this website. Random donations here and there don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

My wife and I would need to come to a new arrangement for that to happen (monthly payments). She is an Adventist and used to send a lot of money to that church monthly.
            My wife is an Amazonist! Every month I buy her a £100 Amazon gift card which she can then spend on 'whatever'....she doesn't have an account with Amazon so Amazon doesn't hold any of our account details, has shopped there for years in this way. I don't think that either of us have ever questioned each other's spending which is lucky. What I need to do is to fashion a T-Web card and stuff it in with all the others; when I work through them after every pension payment I'll come to that one, just the same as all the others. I have a 'spend yer pension' morning each month.

I always used to drop my change in to buckets and collection boxes either in shops or on our doorstep, but have only been able to do that once in many months. These days everybody wants to sign folks up for monthly payments and we don't do direct debits. Anything from save a donkey to medical charities and more, none of their supporters carry donation boxes now.

Comment

By the way, please feel free to pass the plate more frequently. I was embarrassed to see how long ago since my last contribution. Except for my church, I don't do scheduled donations. I prefer to respond as the need appears and the Spirit moves me.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Thanks to everyone who donated. It helps a lot.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X