Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Praise God - a New VAN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise God - a New VAN!

We have been studying the gifts of the Spirit on Wednesday nights. This morning, one of our men called me and asked me to meet him at the Church cause he had something to show me. (I was at a Baptist Student Lunch)

When I got to the church, he handed me the keys to a brand new 15 passenger van. We have several senior adults who don't like to drive at night, and it's pretty dark pretty early in the evening in the winter (such as it is in Texas). We've also needed a van on occasion for our college student ministry, VBS, and stuff like that.

It's brand new, paid for, and, I believe, a demonstration of this man's "gift of giving". God just keeps blessing him over and over, and he just keeps giving and God just keeps blessing!

2017-01-25 12.52.02.jpg

(Yeah, we'll have the Church's name on it next week)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm waiting to see what features RogueTech will add to the van.

Comment

Nice......but it seems to be missing the sliding door.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        That would likely be on the other side, since North Americans drive on the left and the passengers would enter and exit on the right.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Minivans over here have sliding doors on both sides, but 15 seaters don't have sliding doors at all. They have only the driver's door on that side, and the passenger side has double hinged doors that latch in the middle, with the front one being for the front seat and the other for the part of the van behind the front seats.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            That would likely be on the other side, since North Americans drive on the left and the passengers would enter and exit on the right.
            weird man weird
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
              Minivans over here have sliding doors on both sides, but 15 seaters don't have sliding doors at all. They have only the driver's door on that side, and the passenger side has double hinged doors that latch in the middle, with the front one being for the front seat and the other for the part of the van behind the front seats.
              Pretty much what I said, except for the "sliding" and "hinged" parts.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                I'm waiting to see what features RogueTech will add to the van.
                2574_1_m.jpg 18s3y84kyghk8jpg.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]20540[/ATTACH]
                  What? No particle beam bazookas? No hover van? You are slipping!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    What? No particle beam bazookas? No hover van? You are slipping!
                    All you're your seeing is the exterior and not the features. Their in they're and more.

Their is also one really cool thing... well, let's just say I warned CP to never touch the red button

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Yeah, but... when it's FREE!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment