Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Fires here in Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fires here in Chile

As some of you may have watched on international news, huge, near-uncontrollable fires have struck my country over the last few days. Between yesterday and today, most of our center-south territory was hit with a heat wave too, further intensifying the fires. There have been rumors that they aren't accidental (i.e. there appear to be people starting them).

I would simply ask you to pray for us. That the fires may be stopped and no further lives and homes be lost. That whoever is responsible for them may turn back from their ways, stop, and come to the Lord. That He may strengthen our firemen, and let the winds and temperatures decrease.

Thank you, and God bless you all
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

A few news stories on it:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

We here in SoCal sympathize.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Man that sounds hard.
          Lord please gice us what we need. We all have different struggles. If you can help preserve and bolden people in this time of need if it is your will o lotd please do so. Amen.
          sigpic

Comment

That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I think it is worthwhile to point out that, while the firefighting continues and there are still some areas on "Red Alert" because of them, it appears many of the fires have been 'controlled' -- i.e. most of them aren't spreading anymore. The firefighting will probably continue over the next few weeks, since there are some new fires appearing but they are the "normal" ones -- given the heat and the time of year, and they said those are 'under control' too, so...

Thanks for all the prayers, and may the Lord bless you all
              We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
              - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
              In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
              Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment