Undercover Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    cults usually imitate christianity but use those techniques to control people. for instance yes christianity does teach that this society is corrupt and we should avoid evil and evil people, but we teach believers to live in the world as ambassadors for Christ, to help those in need, to love our neighbors, to teach them about christ and hopefully save them. cults will teach that society is corrupt too, but will claim that their people should isolate themselves from that world,only socialize with one another, to disconnect from family members who dont belong to the cult, and so on. that what was happening here. even to not trusting people who dont have long enough beards, and forcing them to have conforming haircuts. beating and shaming the kids who were not being compliant.

as someone who was in a cult you know how they twist what christianity teaches, using a semblance of christianity, but turning it into a way to control people.

Christianity tries to get others to join us and be saved, through love. Islam wants to impose itself on others through force and anyone who isn't them is the enemy.
    I just want to make it clear that my intention was not to defend Islam, or what I saw in the video. I thought I made that clear when I acknowledged that there were clear abuses in the video in my first post. And yes, I'm obviously more than aware of what makes something cultish. My point is simply that, when the secular world looks at videos like this, and then compares them to edited videos of Christian services, we should not be surprised when they draw parallels and say, "these guys are doing it too!" Satan is so devious, so manipulative. Any time Muslims do something that would be considered wicked or intolerable or violent in the world, it does not reflect on only Islam, it reflects on all those who are religious. The world cannot, or will not distinguish between the two. So many non-theists point to violence and the wrongs committed by Islam, and instead of saying "well Islam is evil, I don't want to have anything to do with that", they instead think "well religion is evil, I don't want to have anything to do with that." And a lot of Christians don't seem to understand the deeper satanic manipulation that is going on here. We piggyback onto that reactive sentiment, probably with more zeal than most, and don't seem to realize that it's only a matter of time before the finger is turned on us. Christ says to be as wise as serpents and innocent as doves, well, this is the point where we need to start kicking in a bit of wisdom concerning how we deal with material like this. It's not enough to point to videos like this and all nod our heads and say "yes, what they've done is evil, and typical of Islam". We need to follow that up and demonstrate how Christianity is very different from this as you've done in the post I'm replying to now.

Comment

Adrift I agree completely

Comment