Undercover Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercover Camera

In a government approved independent Muslim secondary-school in the UK. I bet the more "provocative" rhetoric was censored too:

wow
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

More of the fruits of Islam on full display thanks to the hidden camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        More of the fruits of Islam on full display thanks to the hidden camera.
        In my experience, that mentality is absolutely prevalent and typical amongst Quran-believing Muslims.

Comment

While there are certainly abuses here, I can't help think that some of the concepts they're teaching on would be at home in the Christian community. While we believe in people having the right to practice whatever religion they might, and that we ought to tolerate those who practice those religions, many Christians agree that we should not tolerate the religion itself, that is, we believe that there is only way to eternal life, and that is through Christ. We also agree that this world system is not Godly, and that it is ruled by satan. There are plenty of Christians who might even go so far as to agree that this world system practices a type of mind control through the media, politics, peer pressures and the like. All of these Christian views, if put under the microscope, could have secular Brits looking down on Christians as monsters. Really the worse offences I saw in the video were of children getting hit, or being punished for not having a Muslim haircut, but the hits didn't look that hard, and neither of these things would have been out of the norm in a Christian parochial school back in the 60s.

I think it's important that we don't knee-jerk when criticising Muslim behavior. One of my big concerns about the government getting involved with how Muslims practice their faith is, how long will it take before the government turns on us and tells us how to practice our faith. In France they've already taken away the right of Muslims to wear headscarves, and in a lot of places they're working on preventing Christians from wearing crosses, or Jews from wearing yarmulkes. It won't be long before the secular world starts fining churches (or worse) for not marrying same sex couples and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            While there are certainly abuses here, I can't help think that some of the concepts they're teaching on would be at home in the Christian community. While we believe in people having the right to practice whatever religion they might, and that we ought to tolerate those who practice those religions, many Christians agree that we should not tolerate the religion itself, that is, we believe that there is only way to eternal life, and that is through Christ. We also agree that this world system is not Godly, and that it is ruled by satan. There are plenty of Christians who might even go so far as to agree that this world system practices a type of mind control through the media, politics, peer pressures and the like. All of these Christian views, if put under the microscope, could have secular Brits looking down on Christians as monsters. Really the worse offences I saw in the video were of children getting hit, or being punished for not having a Muslim haircut, but the hits didn't look that hard, and neither of these things would have been out of the norm in a Christian parochial school back in the 60s.

I think it's important that we don't knee-jerk when criticising Muslim behavior. One of my big concerns about the government getting involved with how Muslims practice their faith is, how long will it take before the government turns on us and tells us how to practice our faith. In France they've already taken away the right of Muslims to wear headscarves, and in a lot of places they're working on preventing Christians from wearing crosses, or Jews from wearing yarmulkes. It won't be long before the secular world starts fining churches (or worse) for not marrying same sex couples and the like.
            According to the video, that was one of 38 secondary schools set up by different organizations to train the next generation of Imams and community leaders. These young people are being taught to misrepresent other religions and brand their adherents as having no intellect, and to stay away from the snakes that can be distinguished as those who fail to have a fistful of facial hair. This institution claims to teach respect and tolerance for other religions. That's not true. It's an institution that is teaching dangerous, superstitious misrepresentations of the very own countrymen and others that provide them a platform to spew out this sort of hate speech.

There are plenty of similar institutions in the UK. Do you think a combination of the dangerously infantile views they are espousing and encouraging in consort with what I would assume to likewise be dangerously infantile views of Quranic interpretation may eventually be a breeding ground for radicalism and terrorism?
            Last edited by Scrawly; 01-28-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              According to the video, that was one of 38 secondary schools set up by different organizations to train the next generation of Imams and community leaders. These young people are being taught to misrepresent other religions and brand their adherents as having no intellect, and to stay away from the snakes that can be distinguished as those who fail to have a fistful of facial hair. This institution claims to teach respect and tolerance for other religions. That's not true. It's an institution that is teaching dangerous, superstitious misrepresentations of the very own countrymen and others that provide them a platform to spew out this sort of hate speech.
              I watched the video. I stand by my post.

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              There are plenty of similar institutions in the UK. Do you think a combination of the dangerously infantile views they are espousing and encouraging in consort with what I would assume to likewise be dangerously infantile views of Quranic interpretation may eventually be a breeding ground for radicalism and terrorism?
              Perhaps.

Comment

Adrift while I agree with your assessment to an extent, what they were teaching sounded more like a cult then Christianity would. They were doing the brainwashing

Like a cult, Instead of teaching them to try to save others they are isolating the children and teaching them not to like or trust anyone not in the cult

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Adrift while I agree with your assessment to an extent, what they were teaching sounded more like a cult then Christianity would. They were doing the brainwashing

Like a cult, Instead of teaching them to try to save others they are isolating the children and teaching them not to like or trust anyone not in the cult
                  Maybe. But like I said, they're not really teaching a whole lot in that video that you can't find a semblance of in Christianity.

Comment

Adrift while I agree with your assessment to an extent, what they were teaching sounded more like a cult then Christianity would.
                    I guess it's your week to give heartburn.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Oh, the shame of it all!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        your an jerk

Comment

your an jerk
                          I can't believe Jimmy called me a Jerk just cause I'm trying to help him with his gramma!

Comment

your an jerk

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Maybe. But like I said, they're not really teaching a whole lot in that video that you can't find a semblance of in Christianity.
                              cults usually imitate christianity but use those techniques to control people. for instance yes christianity does teach that this society is corrupt and we should avoid evil and evil people, but we teach believers to live in the world as ambassadors for Christ, to help those in need, to love our neighbors, to teach them about christ and hopefully save them. cults will teach that society is corrupt too, but will claim that their people should isolate themselves from that world,only socialize with one another, to disconnect from family members who dont belong to the cult, and so on. that what was happening here. even to not trusting people who dont have long enough beards, and forcing them to have conforming haircuts. beating and shaming the kids who were not being compliant.

as someone who was in a cult you know how they twist what christianity teaches, using a semblance of christianity, but turning it into a way to control people.

Christianity tries to get others to join us and be saved, through love. Islam wants to impose itself on others through force and anyone who isn't them is the enemy.

Comment