Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayers for my family/ Their objections to christianity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for my family/ Their objections to christianity.

What happened with the Aclu recently has got my family talking about religion and when that happens they jeer at christians and the bible.
    They say things such as
    Mary was only considered a virgin because she lacked a hymen.
    That angels are afraid of hair and Paul wanted to avoid his faith looking silly so he had women cover their hair.
    That no one could have gone to heaven until Christ came according to christianity.
    These arguments are easy to debunk but every attempt I make to defend my faith usually just makes my family fight.

How can I reach them If I can not correct them about their misconceptions?
    I pray for them. I also understand now that Christ used my desire to understand death and life's mysteries to bring me to him. It hurts me to see them Unsaved. I feel inadequate sometimes even though I am not.

I need prayer.
    sigpic

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        What happened with the Aclu recently has got my family talking about religion and when that happens they jeer at christians and the bible.
        They say things such as
        Mary was only considered a virgin because she lacked a hymen.
        That angels are afraid of hair and Paul wanted to avoid his faith looking silly so he had women cover their hair.
        That no one could have gone to heaven until Christ came according to christianity.
        These arguments are easy to debunk but every attempt I make to defend my faith usually just makes my family fight.

How can I reach them If I can not correct them about their misconceptions?
        I pray for them. I also understand now that Christ used my desire to understand death and life's mysteries to bring me to him. It hurts me to see them Unsaved. I feel inadequate sometimes even though I am not.

I need prayer.
        I think it's important to know when and how to pick your battles. Oftentimes telling someone that they're wrong and then backing that up with actual facts...alienates people. It's crazy, right? People often want to be right, regardless of the stone cold truth in front of them. I've had friends shut down completely on me when I've simply said "read this", and then pointed to something that left them with absolutely no recourse but to accept it. Lots of people let themselves be ruled by emotion, and will accept being wrong, will accept a lie on purpose, if it means that they don't have to admit to being wrong. So, yeah, you have to choose your battles. But as long as you are consistent within your faith. As long as you continue to let the fruit of the spirit grow and radiate around you. As long as you continue to pray for them. They'll eventually want what you have. They'll want a little of that peace that you possess. I've seen it happen personally. People who cursed you, told you that your beliefs were stupid and pathetic, twenty years down the line are worshiping Jesus with you in the same aisle. The key is, you don't have to do the persuading. All you have to do is plant the seed. The Holy Spirit, he does all the hard work, and He's been doing this for a lot longer, and a lot better than any of us ever could. So have faith, and don't let your heart be troubled by this sort of thing. You just keep doing what you're doing.

Comment