Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

God is doing GOOD STUFF!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is doing GOOD STUFF!!!!

I've been at my current church for about 4 years now. A couple months ago, I was beginning to think things weren't going so well. I mean, everybody gets along, finances are good, we're growing, but there just didn't seem to be any "movement of the Spirit". I don't mean emotionalism or anything like that. I mean a real desire to grow, to get closer the Lord, to reach the lost....

The Church was on the verge of closing when I got there - some of you know they had been through crisis, and I tend to feel a calling to 'problem resolution' and 'crisis management'. It seemed like they (the congregation) were genuinely thankful that they averted crisis, and were 'stable', but it's almost like they were 'sitting back relaxing' enjoying the calm.

Then, in the last two weeks, I've had three different people come to me and tell me that they feel 'a stirring' in their hearts. One of them said "like I've never felt before". Two of them said "I haven't felt this in a long long time".

I'm excited. I'm seeing God do good things in the lives of individuals, and our Church is growing stronger and stronger. I'm particularly encouraged about comments I've heard from our 'Wednesday Night Crowd' about the 'group home' situation I posted about earlier.

And, even though we're mostly "older folks", we've had three young families (parents under 40) who have been attending regularly, and they love the hymns we sing, the expository preaching, and the sense that we need to take Jesus seriously when He says "this is how people will know you're my disciples - because of your love one for another".

Please pray that we keep our focus on Jesus, and that we continually seek to be the Church HE wants us to be, regardless of our own ideas or notions.

God is doing GOOD STUFF!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Amen!

Comment