Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id hole up in the deep woods. It'd be a boring episode.
    Last edited by Trout; 02-28-2017, 07:23 PM.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
      Not if you were wearing your yellow manties.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And yet there are 25 to 50 active serial killers in the United States at any given moment.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I am starting to doubt the reality of Hunted.

Several things have happened that make me think a lot of this is staged.

1. watching one scene with the fugitives, and the camera angles, it is clear they had at least 3 cameras on them. And you can bet there would be a sound guy and producer and all that. And nobody around them seems to notice. People don't ask about the cameras, or look at them, or anything. That is just weird. editing it out? maybe. But then how do these two fugitives keep on the run and hide with a whole crew following them around like paparazzi?

2. They tap into CCTV cameras (that's what they call them). First CCTV is CLOSED CIRCUIT. it is not on the internet and you don't just tap into it like on TV. You have to have court orders and such, and you usually have to go there in person and take the data recorder. Now some street cams are on the internet but you still need a court order to tap into them. This is a tv show. they are not real cops. They would not have access to that stuff. Same with ATM cameras. If Police and the FBI and so on are giving these people access to that kind of stuff for a TV show, that is a breach of security.

3. The camera footage from the "CCTV" is HD. Most are not that I have worked with. Especially at gas stations. Every gas station security video I have worked with is low resolution (usually 320 x 240 pixels) and records at about 2 frames per second. very fuzzy and jerky. This video is HD and full motion 30 frames/second.

4. They did the typical CSI "zoom in on a license plate" and "clear it up" - they went from a total pixelated image to a perfectly clear license plate number in a few seconds. Real life doesn't work that way. You can't get information where there is none. If you have enough pixels you might be able to guess at the numbers on a plate, but not reconstitute them in perfect HD.

5. A lot of time they just 'coincidentally' think of something that leads them right to the fugitive. They try to cover it up with some idiotic narrative but it doesn't wash. Once a fugitive couple was unexpectedly in one area that they had not planned on being in, and one of them decided to call up an old college friend she hadn't talked to in 15 years and borrowed a stranger's phone to call her (she still had her number? MEMORIZED?) -
          meanwhile back at the control center, they said "we can't find them with their trusted circle of friends. We need to expand to the secondary and tertiary circle."

"Sir, I think she might be in the south carolina area and might reach out to some of her old college friends"

"Great, let's check that out"

"Here is a buddy she used to hang out with"

"Let's look into her"

Of course it was the very person the woman had called. Sheesh.
          A fake reality show? Say it ain't so!

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Alone is the only reality show that ever caught my attention (since I'd like to participate in it one day) but this one looks interesting too.
            A buddy of mine was on season 2 of alone. Mike Lowe. I think he would have easily won.
            He started missing his wife one day and went home
            The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

I would just hitchhike to some small out of the way town and hole up in a fleabag motel or the YMCA for a month eating MREs and Raman noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I would just hitchhike to some small out of the way town and hole up in a fleabag motel or the YMCA for a month eating MREs and Raman noodles.
                Riiiiiiiiiight

The fleet of semis delivering your daily ration of bacon would be insanely easy to track.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Riiiiiiiiiight

The fleet of semis delivering your daily ration of bacon would be insanely easy to track.
                  shut. up. the you-know-who reads our posts. ixnay on the aconbay.

Comment

A buddy of mine was on season 2 of alone. Mike Lowe. I think he would have easily won.
                    He started missing his wife one day and went home
                    Mike was one of the more interesting people on, and he looked like he had no trouble surviving, he should've stuck it out longer.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment