Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is the deal with stem cells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the deal with stem cells?

I hear lots of stuff about embryonic stem cells. To me it seems pretty gruesome to take cells from a developing baby but I am ignorant on the subject. What is the deal?
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I hear lots of stuff about embryonic stem cells. To me it seems pretty gruesome to take cells from a developing baby but I am ignorant on the subject. What is the deal?
    it's worse than that. They keep embryo lines alive in tanks just to harvest their stem cells. They keep cloning the embryos over and over and taking their stem cells. Like a sci-fi horror movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      it's worse than that. They keep embryo lines alive in tanks just to harvest their stem cells. They keep cloning the embryos over and over and taking their stem cells. Like a sci-fi horror movie.

It's also absolutely unnecessary. They can get the same thing from umbilical cord blood. And people have their own stem cells growing in their own bodies.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        Trust your gut on this one.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          It's also absolutely unnecessary. They can get the same thing from umbilical cord blood. And people have their own stem cells growing in their own bodies.
          Is there a loophole in the laws concerning humans? So if they clone embryos it is okay because they are not human?

Comment

The only type of stem cells that has had any kind of success are adult stem cells take from the patient.
            http://stemcell.childrenshospital.or...to-treatments/
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I had heard about induced pluripotent stem cells. If what I read was accurate, then you can get stem cells extremely easily, even from your own body. I don't think there is any chance of rejection if you use the cells from your own body.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Is there a loophole in the laws concerning humans? So if they clone embryos it is okay because they are not human?
                Well they are not strictly cloning them (taking the DNA of one cell and inserting it into an egg). They are taking an embryo that starts to grow, and split it, so that it becomes "twins" and keep doing that to create more and more copies of the original embryo.

Comment

Stem cell research can be conducted from the umbilical cord and the placenta after birth. In fact you can sign forms to donate both to research or donate the cord for cancer.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X