Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Gang Leaders Want Meet With Trump...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Chicago Gang Leaders Want Meet With Trump...

This might be interesting. Should Trump do it?

The founder and pastor of a megachurch in Ohio told President Donald Trump he has spoken to gang leaders in Chicago who want to work with the White House to reduce violent crime.

Dr. Darrell Scott, senior pastor of New Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, was a guest of Trump’s at an African-American History Month meeting at the White House. He said he is a “black Trump supporter,” and claimed he was “contacted by some of the top gang thugs in Chicago for a sit-down.”

Taking a swipe at former President Obama, who began his political career as a community organizer in Chicago, Scott said the gangs “want to work with the administration … they believe in this administration; they didn’t believe in the prior administration. They told me this outta their mouths.”

“They reached out to me, because they’re associating me with you. They respect you. They believe in what you’re doing, and they want to have a sit-down about lowering that body count. So in a couple weeks, I’m going into Chicago,” Scott said. “I said we’ve got to lower that body count. We don’t want to talk about anything else; get that body count down, and they agreed that the principals that can do it – these are guys straight from the streets, no politicians, straight street guys – but they’re going to commit that if they lower that body count, we’ll come in and we’ll do some social programs.”

Trump said, “I think that’s a great idea, because Chicago is totally out of control.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...violent-crime/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would say Trump should at least bite, just to see at least what terms are put on the table.

Negotiating with criminals is a revolting thing, but as Max Weber once said (to paraphrase)

"The ethics of responsibility sometimes oblige us to make decisions that wound the primary moral intuitions of a private citizen."

Just lowering the body count is not particularly encouraging, but it would be a start in putting order back in Chicago.
    To some, especially those who are friends to the World, this may as well be my description:

I'm the Spirit that denieth, All things, always — stars or flowers ; That by sneers and strife supplieth

Cause to vex the Heavenly power. , I'm for Nought; and for creation: Ruin, universal death! And my life, my breath, And my very life and breath.
    Is what here they call transgression, Sin and Death ! Shouting and laughing out this word I throw : ''No !"

- from the Opera, Mefistofele

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Counting on gangs to restore law and order sounds a lot like hiring the fox to guard the henhouse.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Counting on gangs to restore law and order sounds a lot like hiring the fox to guard the henhouse.
    Counting on gangs to restore law and order is not a prerogative in a negotiation of this kind.
    To some, especially those who are friends to the World, this may as well be my description:

I'm the Spirit that denieth, All things, always — stars or flowers ; That by sneers and strife supplieth

Cause to vex the Heavenly power. , I'm for Nought; and for creation: Ruin, universal death! And my life, my breath, And my very life and breath.
    Is what here they call transgression, Sin and Death ! Shouting and laughing out this word I throw : ''No !"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually I think it had a good effect in South Central if I remember correctly.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Actually I think it had a good effect in South Central if I remember correctly.
    You remember well yes. Although as usual, things are hardly ever a black or white understanding of things.

To give you the closest example to my home. A 2012 truce of sorts was agreed upon between Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) and the Salvadorian government.

On the negative, MS-13 faked "reducing armament" purchasing at the last second armament of poor quality to give the appearance of "disarming" as agreed upon.

But on the positive, at least for 2012, the amounts of homicides DID go down, which is what everybody wanted in the first place. A shame the whole deal went to hell after 2012 with the new Salvadorian president (wielding an iron-fist approach to crime), reverting back to the murder-sprees prior to 2012.

It is important to be clear on the truces. Otherwise, they will constantly break as it occurred during the 1980-1990 period in Mexico. But to be fair, some of those "truces" weren't really truces, more like gentleman agreements with very little substance and clarity.

If the bulk of the Chicago gangs can be present acting as one body (no point negotiating if it's just a few fragmented gangs), brokered with Church folk, it may be worth the governments time to check it out, and perhaps pave the way to some good that U.S. Conservatives and Progressives actually agree and desire on.
    Last edited by Andius; 02-01-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Expect Trump as The Godfather memes is he actually decides to look into this.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    If the bulk of the Chicago gangs can be present acting as one body (no point negotiating if it's just a few fragmented gangs), brokered with Church folk, it may be worth the governments time to check it out, and perhaps pave the way to some good that U.S. Conservatives and Progressives actually agree and desire on.
    I don't see what harm it would do, and it may actually do some real good. I would actually invite them to the White House, perhaps you would instill them with a sense of awe and reverence for our nation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Expect Trump as The Godfather memes is he actually decides to look into this.
    Oh the internet is way ahead... heheheheheheheheheh.

87117831.jpg

11. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I don't see what harm it would do, and it may actually do some real good. I would actually invite them to the White House, perhaps you would instill them with a sense of awe and reverence for our nation.
    True true. Don't know if such feelings can be instilled, but the focus is to achieve cooperation using any but reasonable means if negotiations will be serious.