Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists Riot Because Of "Speech" - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftists Riot Because Of "Speech" - Again

Bunch of pampered brats...

A protest at UC Berkeley over a scheduled appearance by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, prompting police to cancel the event and hustle the Breitbart News editor off campus.

But even after the event’s cancellation, hundreds of protesters spilled off campus into the city streets, where the violence continued as they confronted drivers, engaged in fights, smashed storefront windows and set fires.

Protesters decried President Trump’s policies as much as they did the visit by Yiannopoulos, a gay conservative who has been making the rounds at college campuses across the country with his “Dangerous Faggot” talks, specializing in remarks meant to insult, offend and disgust liberals who disagree with his ideas.

The trouble began around 6 p.m., two hours before Yiannopoulos was to begin his speech inside the student union building on Sproul Plaza. Protesters outside the building began throwing fireworks and pulling down the metal barricades police set up to keep protesters from rushing inside. Windows were smashed and fires were set outside the building as masked protesters stormed it. Police quickly evacuated Yiannopoulos for his own safety.

Berkeley police said five people were injured and some people, including a man who said he had hoped to see Yiannopoulos speak, were seen with their faces bloodied. There were no arrests.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...C-10901829.php
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It sounds like Milo finally got what he no doubt hoped would eventually occur.

I don't think violence solves anything, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

I don't think violence solves anything, though.
      Are you victim-blaming here, Leonhard?
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Looking forward to Starlight expressing his outrage at this violent assault on free speech and mob oppression of a gay man who dares speak his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          Are you victim-blaming here, Leonhard?
          No, I think what those activist students are doing is bad, wrong and ultimately counter-productive to their own goals.

But I also have no doubt that Milo wanted to provoke exactly the response he got. That's kind of his thing, trolling liberals, getting them angry getting as much a rise out of them as possible, and feeding of it.

Comment

No, I think what those activist students are doing is bad, wrong and ultimately counter-productive to their own goals.
            Yep. And the more extreme the violent agitators get, the more extreme the reaction will be. I expect people to die before this is over.

Originally posted by Leonhard
            But I also have no doubt that Milo wanted to provoke exactly the response he got. That's kind of his thing, trolling liberals, getting them angry getting as much a rise out of them as possible, and feeding of it.
            Well, he doesn't hold back, he treats them with the contempt they regularly dish out to others. And they can't deal with it like rational adults. I think he does quite well in exposing the essential hypocrisy at the heart of many leftist positions.

"Free speech" - for my views, but not yours, which are 'hate speech'.
            "Diversity" - except for white men, we don't want any of you 'privileged' lot.
            "Tolerance" - except for people who won't agree with us, in which case we'll slander, smear, insult, doxx, blacklist, harass, seek to get fired, protest, riot and threaten with death.
            "Racial tolerance" - except for whites, who are scum, and owe us a freer ide through life.

Comment

Leonhard, you don't know the man's heart, yes he is a provocateur, but I don't believe he wants violence.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The President threatens to pull Berkeley's federal funding for opposing free speech.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ut-milo-event/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                  Yep. And the more extreme the violent agitators get, the more extreme the reaction will be. I expect people to die before this is over.

Well, he doesn't hold back, he treats them with the contempt they regularly dish out to others. And they can't deal with it like rational adults. I think he does quite well in exposing the essential hypocrisy at the heart of many leftist positions.

"Free speech" - for my views, but not yours, which are 'hate speech'.
                  "Diversity" - except for white men, we don't want any of you 'privileged' lot.
                  "Tolerance" - except for people who won't agree with us, in which case we'll slander, smear, insult, doxx, blacklist, harass, seek to get fired, protest, riot and threaten with death.
                  "Racial tolerance" - except for whites, who are scum, and owe us a freer ide through life.
                  Typical liberal tolerance.
                  • Firebombing the building he where he was supposed to speak in an attempt to burn it down.
                  • Pepper spraying a female Trump supporter while she was being interviewed by a reporter (can you say "War on Women"?)
                  • Protesters chased down Milo supporters and beat them unconscious with metal pipes (I'm sure Starlight will approve of this so long as there's no "lasting damage")

One of the truly sad things here is that Berkeley was the historic center of the Free Speech movement

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Where are kids getting the idea that is an acceptable way to express disagreement? The irony is that they accuse Milo of promoting "hate speech" while they're behaving in the most hateful way imaginable. Seriously, beating someone unconscious with a pipe? What the hell!
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Agreed.

Also agreed:

As is now painfully obvious from my Twitter ban, boycotts tend to make the shunned more popular.

I think Yiannopoulos is a turd-bird, but free speech lets everyone squawk.

fwiw,
                      guacamole
                      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Milo explained it perfectly on his facebook page. Watch this hilarious video:

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoul...7514264719804/

The liberals throw tantrums because they think like children. They believe that if they throw a big enough fit, they will get what they want.

Comment

So Trump is willing to penalise UC Berkeley for not giving a platform to Yiannopoulos’s views advocating white supremacy, transphobia and misogyny? The US is being stretched like a rubber band – this is not going to end well. Trump’s head on a spike by Christmas?
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Milo explained it perfectly on his facebook page. Watch this hilarious video:

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoul...7514264719804/

The liberals throw tantrums because they think like children. They believe that if they throw a big enough fit, they will get what they want.
                            this is so true and unfortunetly some universities are letting them do it instead of getting down and spanking them for their unruly intolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              this is so true and unfortunetly some universities are letting them do it instead of getting down and spanking them for their unruly intolerance.
                              Some of the reports that I heard last night say that some of the professors participated in the rioting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment