Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists Riot Because Of "Speech" - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    It’s very straightforward. In the United States same-sex marriage is a civil right and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlaws all discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.
    Again, it does not ban discrimination based on sexual preference or behavior. How many times do we need to go over this Tass.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      In the United States same-sex marriage is a civil right...
      Wrong. If marriage was a civil right then someone could be forced to marry a low-IQ knuckle-dragger like you; otherwise they would be violating your "civil rights".

So like I said, part of your problem is that you have no idea what a civil liberty actually is. You only think you know because the term has been corrupted by liberalism.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Let's put it this way: suppose a fellow named -- picking a name totally at random here, but suppose he is called Tassmoron, decides he wants to marry his pet goat. He sends out wedding invitations to all of his atheist friends, and they say, "Dude, that's gross! I don't want to have any part of it!" Tassmoron, as a tolerant liberal, says, "I respect your right not to participate in my wedding."

Later that day, Tassmoron walks into a bakery and tells the Christian owner, "I have decided to marry my pet goat, and I have chosen to give you the honor of making my wedding cake!" The baker says, "Dude, that's gross! I don't want to have any part of it!" Tassmoron, as a tolerant liberal, says, "How dare you violate my civil rights by having core values that are contrary to my own! I'll see you in court!"

Tassmoron thinks he is consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Wrong. If marriage was a civil right then someone could be forced to marry a low-IQ knuckle-dragger like you; otherwise they would be violating your "civil rights".
          No-one is "forced" to marry anyone else. What an idiot!

“In a landmark opinion, a divided Supreme Court ruled on June 26th that states cannot ban same-sex marriage. The U.S. is now the 21st country to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide. Married same-sex couples will now enjoy the same legal rights and benefits as married heterosexual couples and will be recognized on official documents such as birth and death certificates”

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/u...-sex-marriage/

Hence the Civil Rights Act of 1964 applies to same sex couples just as it does to everyone else...including cake shop owners, as has been tested in court several times.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us...-wedding-cake/
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            No-one is "forced" to marry anyone else. What an idiot!

“In a landmark opinion, a divided Supreme Court ruled on June 26th that states cannot ban same-sex marriage. The U.S. is now the 21st country to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide. Married same-sex couples will now enjoy the same legal rights and benefits as married heterosexual couples and will be recognized on official documents such as birth and death certificates”

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/u...-sex-marriage/

Hence the Civil Rights Act of 1964 applies to same sex couples just as it does to everyone else...including cake shop owners, as has been tested in court several times.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us...-wedding-cake/
            That whooshing sound you hear is my point going over your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              That whooshing sound you hear is my point going over your head.
              we have a smiley for that now. I created it just for Tassman and JimL

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                we have a smiley for that now. I created it just for Tassman and JimL
                I have a feeling that will be used a lot!
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment