Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.03

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    PEACE! Just what you’re looking for!
    Shalom!

Have you ever been reading the bible and all of a sudden said to yourself, “Hey, that sounds just like me.” There’s a good chance you know what I am talking about I know just did, I was sitting in my recliner thinking about the conflict in my own life and conflict in our country and world. I was reading Psalm 54 when I came across, “He reaches down from heaven and saves me, challenging the one who tramples me. Selah God sends His faithful love and truth. I am surrounded by lions; I lie down with those who devour men. Their teeth are spears and arrows; their tongues are sharp swords.” (Psalm 57:3–4, HCSB) And suddenly the Holy Spirit flooded me with a powerful sense of Peace as I felt the presence of Jehovah-Shalom.

For years I’ve believed Peace wasn’t the absence of conflict but the presence of the Divine and during that “Ah ha” moment my faith in the scriptures ability to represent the Word of God took a giant leap forward. I must admit I’ve never encountered Peace spoken that way but I remember back in the 5th grade at Harrison School a bell would sound and we’d head into the hallway get on our knees put our heads between our legs cover our heads with our hands and wait for the all clear, there would be no atomic bomb that day. As it is today so it was in those days fear of was a way of life.

What surprises me is our need, my need to experience God has never changed. Sometimes I wonder why that is after all it’s been 60 years or more since I was in the 5th grade you’d think my need for God would be less now that I’ve had as many experiences as I’ve had with it. But two things come to mind reminding me God is at work in my life on a daily basis. The first one comes from the apostle Paul’s experience, “My grace is sufficient for you,” and the second one comes from Jesus, “Give us this day our daily bread.” When I put them together I learn that God gives us what we need, how much we need, and when we need it on a daily basis. That includes Peace when we need it, discipline when we need it, and love as we need it all the time.

There was a time when I thought Peace was as fragile as a flickering flame on a dying candle but I have since come to think of Peace as fragile as our sun 93,000,000 miles away lighting, warming, and sustaining all life on our planet!

May Jehovah-Shalom fulfill your need for Peace, today, tomorrow, the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and by now you’ve picked up on the idea.

Shalom!

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”**

GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked HCSB are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

**Romans 15:13, HCSB
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X