Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Betsy DeVos Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Chuck Schumer is against her - that's all you need to know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20762[/ATTACH]

She'll get the job, with Pence probably breaking the tie.

Comment

Chuck Schumer is against her - that's all you need to know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20762[/ATTACH]

She'll get the job, with Pence probably breaking the tie.
      Quite possibly, for republicans its obviously money that counts, not qualifications for the job, for which Devos has none!

Comment

Where I most recently taught in the public schools system, we had an assistant principal who was pretty much perpetually intoxicated. He finally got caught driving while intoxicated (it is rumored this was a recurring event, but he always got a pass) and the school board demanded he be fired from his job. The "system", instead, created a new position for him called "curriculum consultant", where he received almost a 20% raise, and had virtually no duties or responsibilities. And they hired TWO assistant principals to replace him.
        Typical of unions.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          Even as an education professional for twenty years, I have a hard time explaining to people and understanding myself what the department of education does. It funds research. It advises policy makers on broad policy goals from that research. With the cooperation of the president and congress, it can offer incentives for change (Obama and Duncan's "Race to the Top" initiative.) Beyond that, it seems to be a ceremonial bully pulpit. It could go and I wouldn't care. The most meaningful thing to come out of the education department in the last 8 years was that we had to provide some gender neutral bathroom facilities.
          We have no need what-so-ever for a federal level education department. Should be a strictly state function, and much limited in scope even there.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Why, FF, I'm shocked!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Quite possibly, for republicans its obviously money that counts....
              Two words:

Clinton Foundation

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've had friends who refused to join their respective unions - it made work incredibly unpleasant for them, and all but guarantees there will be no "career path".
                My high school math teacher was an outspoken conservative who refused to join. He ended up chairing the math department and took an early retirement to teach at the community college. He did fine.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Why, FF, I'm shocked!

Comment

Two words:

Clinton Foundation

Clinton Foundation.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

According to the MSM it does not matter how left of center you are you'll be described as "moderate."

Case in point, when John Kerry and John Edwards were the Democratic candidates for president they were consistently characterized as moderate in spite of both conservative and liberal organizations saying that they and Ted Kennedy had the most liberal voting record in the Senate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Two words:

Clinton Foundation
                        You and your endless lies about the Clintons...Charity Navigator has rated The Clinton Foundation at a four out of four stars rating: Overall Score & Rating 94.74 Financial 97.50 Accountability & Transparency 93.00.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          You and your endless lies about the Clintons...Charity Navigator has rated The Clinton Foundation at a four out of four stars rating: Overall Score & Rating 94.74 Financial 97.50 Accountability & Transparency 93.00.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
                          I wonder how Trumps slush fund/charity has been rated? Not that it would matter to the hypocrites on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            You and your endless lies about the Clintons...
                            I sure am enjoying not reading your garbage.

Comment

Apparently the Senate has confirmed DeVos.
                              Looks like the poo-slinging strategy failed again.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                                Apparently the Senate has confirmed DeVos.
                                Looks like the poo-slinging strategy failed again.
                                It was the tactic of screaming "the sky is falling" with every nomination that did them in. If they had focused on only a couple they truly thought were unacceptable rather than attacking everyone they would have stood a good chance.

Comment