Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Phony balloney ridiculous Tom Brady Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phony balloney ridiculous Tom Brady Diet

The latest of fad diets has hit the market with Tom Brady's $200.00 book.

Like all fad diets Tom Brady's diet is not based on good nutritional science. Some good recommendations of good diet do not make the Tom Brady diet of any real value.

Source: http://www.bornfitness.com/flawed-the-tom-brady-and-giselle-bundchen-diet/#sthash.PsYibjrw.dpuf

Framing all carbohydrates – essentially everything from lentils, apples, and broccoli to muffins, Swedish Fish, and soda – as unhealthy is nutritionally inaccurate.

This is just a sample of what’s typically sent, where Born Fitness takes an inside look at Tom Brady and Giselle Bündchen’s diet, based on this article from The Boston Globe.

We all know that Tom Brady is an incredible quarterback and Giselle is beautiful, but that doesn’t mean you should follow their nutrition plan. Despite their star power, are their chef’s recommendations worth your time?

To answer that question, I reviewed his advice with nutritionist Andy Bellatti, MS, RD.

So just what are Tom and Giselle doing right and wrong? Read on to find out how Bellatti translates the dietary suggestions into advice you can use and mistakes you can avoid.

© Copyright Original Source

- See more at: http://www.bornfitness.com/flawed-th....PsYibjrw.dpuf
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Tom Brady's a bum. Why would anyone take advice from him?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The organic food myth drives me up the wall.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        The latest of fad diets has hit the market with Tom Brady's $200.00 book.

Like all fad diets Tom Brady's diet is not based on good nutritional science. Some good recommendations of good diet do not make the Tom Brady diet of any real value.

Source: http://www.bornfitness.com/flawed-the-tom-brady-and-giselle-bundchen-diet/#sthash.PsYibjrw.dpuf

Framing all carbohydrates – essentially everything from lentils, apples, and broccoli to muffins, Swedish Fish, and soda – as unhealthy is nutritionally inaccurate.

This is just a sample of what’s typically sent, where Born Fitness takes an inside look at Tom Brady and Giselle Bündchen’s diet, based on this article from The Boston Globe.

We all know that Tom Brady is an incredible quarterback and Giselle is beautiful, but that doesn’t mean you should follow their nutrition plan. Despite their star power, are their chef’s recommendations worth your time?

To answer that question, I reviewed his advice with nutritionist Andy Bellatti, MS, RD.

So just what are Tom and Giselle doing right and wrong? Read on to find out how Bellatti translates the dietary suggestions into advice you can use and mistakes you can avoid.

© Copyright Original Source

- See more at: http://www.bornfitness.com/flawed-th....PsYibjrw.dpuf
        Hey, it obviously works for him, he's 39 and in better shape than he was at 25. I wouldn't doubt he plays another 5 or 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Tom Brady's a bum. Why would anyone take advice from him?
          Ah, sore loser I see.

Comment

Organic. Derp. All food is organic.

I also hate the buzzword marketing. Used to be "Fat free" and they would stick that label on anything, like gummy bears. Full of sugar! but "fat free!"

Now the buzz word is "Gluten free" - Gluten free Ham! Gluten free Chocolate! Gluten free Gummy bears. Yeah meat usually doesn't have gluten in it. derp.

and gluten is only bad for you if you are allergic to it. The number of people with Celiac disease is pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Organic. Derp. All food is organic.

I also hate the buzzword marketing. Used to be "Fat free" and they would stick that label on anything, like gummy bears. Full of sugar! but "fat free!"

Now the buzz word is "Gluten free" - Gluten free Ham! Gluten free Chocolate! Gluten free Gummy bears. Yeah meat usually doesn't have gluten in it. derp.

and gluten is only bad for you if you are allergic to it. The number of people with Celiac disease is pretty rare.
              Just make sure that there isn't a warning saying that the pork packing plant handles gluten-enhanced swine.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X