Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain the appeal of diamonds andjewelry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing against beautiful jewelry, but I don't see the point in tying up thousands of dollars in a single ring or piece of jewelry. And truthfully I think a lot of cheaper stones are more beautiful than a diamond. A diamond is just a plain clear stone that sparkles.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      It looks nice but it is not practical. Why not buy a knife which can be practical and nice looking or make food?

Can someone explain.
      It's a girl thing, let it go...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It looks nice but it is not practical. Why not buy a knife which can be practical and nice looking or make food?

Can someone explain.
        Psych 101: Advertisements, also people are sheep!!

Shiny stones are nice to look at, but price of diamonds is too [censored] high!!!
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Can someone explain.
          I can't tell you about diamonds never particularly liked diamonds. a peridot in the right type of setting on the other hand makes me happy.

As for Jewelry well, young man lets just say sometimes you just need something that isn't practical to make you feel special. Especially if that special someone picks out a small trinket he knows you'll like. It does not have to be expensive or even big just little trinket that brings out a feeling of being known by one you love.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            Psych 101: Advertisements, also people are sheep!!

Shiny stones are nice to look at, but price of diamonds is too [censored] high!!!
            Artificially so.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
              I can't tell you about diamonds never particularly liked diamonds. a peridot in the right type of setting on the other hand makes me happy.

As for Jewelry well, young man lets just say sometimes you just need something that isn't practical to make you feel special. Especially if that special someone picks out a small trinket he knows you'll like. It does not have to be expensive or even big just little trinket that brings out a feeling of being known by one you love.
              This is especially true if your primary Love Language is gift giving.
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                This is especially true if your primary Love Language is gift giving.
                Or you understand that is the primary language of the one who gave you the gift.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-12-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment