Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Anyone watching Legion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I would think it's The Blob given this guy is supposed to be Xavier's kid. Then again, I never read the comics, or watched the show.
    If I had to guess I'd say he's the Shadow King, a.k.a. Amahl Farouk. But that is just a guess and I've only seen the first two episodes so far.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If I had to guess I'd say he's the Shadow King, a.k.a. Amahl Farouk. But that is just a guess and I've only seen the first two episodes so far.
      Nope. I know who it is too
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Great guess, but I don't think that's who it's supposed to be.

Comment

So if Prof. X is his dad, what's up with reading him the horror story at bedtime?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So if Prof. X is his dad, what's up with reading him the horror story at bedtime?
            And wasn't Professor X supposed to be unaware of his existence until much, much later?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They are not including the X Men in this, so they are probably not making him Xavier's son.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What makes you think that this "dad" was Professor X? But yeah, Rogue's got the right idea. Professor X doesn't know anything about Legion at this point I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  They are not including the X Men in this, so they are probably not making him Xavier's son.
                  I think I read some place that Prof. X will be showing up eventually for a cameo. Likely not Patrick Stewart (especially considering that he said he's done playing the character) or James McAvoy.

Comment

I think I know Professor X's secret identity:

hqdefault.jpg

Comment

I think I know Professor X's secret identity:
                      so instead of glasses he just...stands up? genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        What makes you think that this "dad" was Professor X? But yeah, Rogue's got the right idea. Professor X doesn't know anything about Legion at this point I don't think.
                        I'm SOOO tired of the superhero genre at this point, and I say this as someone who was a comic book nerd some 25 years ago. The first few films, and even shows were pretty exciting. It was great to see the characters you read about for so long actually appearing in the flesh (well, film-flesh anyways), but within a very few short years, the storylines are beginning to get as complicated and tangled as they are in the comics, and it took Marvel and DC decades to get their characters as tangled as they currently are. Add to that that so many of these films/shows have been given the extreme PC makeover that's so prevalent in comics today. It's frustrating to see an ancient female Celtic in a Tibetan monastery (why would an ancient Celt be hanging out in Tibet?) rather than an old Tibetan male in Dr. Strange. Why change such a central aspect of a main character of the books? This idea that everything might hint at racism, so you have to do a 180 at every turn is so tired. To add to the frustration, we have Marvel Disney, and we have Marvel Sony, and most people don't know the difference between DC and Marvel as it is, I'm afraid a show like Legion might simply confuse people further. Is this guy in the same universe as Agents of SHIELD and DareDevil? No? Why not? Ok, then he must belong to the same universe as Green Arrow, and The Flash. He isn't?

Okay, sorry. Had to rant. I haven't seen a preview of the show yet, but I know the character from the early 90s. If I remember correctly, his storyline is pretty confusing as is. He was the secret son of Prof. X that absolutely no one knew about for like 30 years. He's completely schizophrenic (or, more accurately, suffers from multiple personality disorder, which I think has since been rebranded like they do...), and was a major villain for the X-Men, well unknowingly anyways. I remember the storyline being really confusing back in the day. I'm interested in the show just to see how they make sense of it all. I'm also curious to see if they give the show a horror theme, which I think would work out well for the character.

Comment

so instead of glasses he just...stands up? genius.
                          and scrubs! ...your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            The person that Legion thinks is his dad is not his real dad.

Comment

The person that Legion thinks is his dad is not his real dad.
                              I read your previous post entirely wrong. I thought you were asking Sparko why he thought Professor X was the kids dad, not why a specific individual in the show was Professor X.

ETA: This is the kind of thing that happens when I don't get much sleep.

Comment