Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

100 Years From Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think I would pick the muslim one. Christians do much better under persecution. The liberals, while they do persecute Christians, tend more toward converting them and undermining them to their values. Look at what has happened to the Presbyterians (PCUSA). Completely useless now.
    Based on the trends it is more likely. that we will have a Christian theocracy, and the Inquisition will be reinstated.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Trump won with a minority, and republicans win by voter suppression and gerrymandering.
      Of course, little one, of course. Now here's a nice safe space with some puppies and crayons for you.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Trump won with a minority, and republicans win by voter suppression and gerrymandering.
        Democrats would never be even close to winning an election without inviting foreign tribes into the country by the millions.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Democrats would never be even close to winning an election without inviting foreign tribes into the country by the millions.
          And how did you get here?

Comment

Wrong turn?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I think I would pick the muslim one. Christians do much better under persecution. The liberals, while they do persecute Christians, tend more toward converting them and undermining them to their values. Look at what has happened to the Presbyterians (PCUSA). Completely useless now.
              don't remind me Sparko my congregation had to leave PCUSA because the subversion done by the leftists.

Comment

I'm not there?
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Since the U.S. is majority liberal, I think the majority answer would be "if it were liberal." If you are asking this of christians specifically, they would probably rather live in a liberal secular society where they are free to practice their religion. If it were a Muslim theocracy, the idiots would probably be in constant bloody war with each other over whose god is the only true god.
                  . . . and if it were a Christian theocracy there would remain a constant bloody war worse than takes place today with Crusades and Inquisitions.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-10-2017, 06:41 AM.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    . . . and if it were a Christian theocracy there would remain a constant bloody war worse than takes place today with Crusades and Inquisitions.
                    The point I think is that only in a secular liberal society are people from differing religions and beliefs able to live together in peace. Its a rather silly question really. If Christians would rather live in a muslim dominated theocratic state, then they are saying that they would rather become Muslims than live as Christians in a secular liberal state.

Comment

The point I think is that only in a secular liberal society are people from differing religions and beliefs able to live together in peace. Its a rather silly question really. If Christians would rather live in a muslim dominated theocratic state, then they are saying that they would rather become Muslims than live as Christians in a secular liberal state.
                      I would rather live in a liberal state - there would be a better chance of me keeping my head. And it is such a handsome head after all...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        I would rather live in a liberal state - there would be a better chance of me keeping my head. And it is such a handsome head after all...
                        That being said, would you rather it be a secular liberal state, where all are free to practice their religious beliefs, so long as those practices don't infringe upon the rights of others, or a Christian theocracy where all are forced to practice Christianity.

Comment

and you would be wrong JimL very wrong. True Chrsitian values say that all human beings deserved respect and that it is wrong to deny someone the right to practice their religion or not just because you don't like their values

So JimL based on that would you rather live in an authoritarian leftist secular state that forces people to go against their core values only because the leftists disagree with said core values.
                          Or the Christian based state that respects the right of all human beings to choose their core values. I.E people still able to have their ceremony celebrating a certain act(they believe is right) even if a cake baker does not bake the cake for that ceremony because it is in celebration of something that goes against her core value.

no fudging JimL it is one or the other.the first one, the authoritarian If you don't have the correct core value your rights can be trampled on, or the second one democratic state that says I don't agree with you but respect your right to hold that core value and base your life practices on it as long as it does not trample on my right to life and liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            So JimL based on that would you rather live in an authoritarian leftist secular state that forces people to go against their core values only because the leftists disagree with said core values.
                            Jimmy has no problem with authoritarianism as long as it's only other people who are forced to violate their core values.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I know that I want him to admit it or maybe realize the hypocrisy of the left that says one thing but does the opposite. which is why I made no bones about what I was talking about.

Comment

That being said, would you rather it be a secular liberal state, where all are free to practice their religious beliefs, so long as those practices don't infringe upon the rights of others, or a Christian theocracy where all are forced to practice Christianity.
                                It is not either or, I think Christian ethics (which informed State laws for most of our history) are superior since they reflect God's law, but no man should be forced to worship - we are not Islam after all.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment