Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gen. Flynn lied concerning his pre-innauguration communications with Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Sorry FF, you are out of luck. It's Republicans, all the way down.
    Until the impeachment by which time the Republicans will be in total disarray.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Like I've been saying, the real story here is the leaks. The Flynn thing is just a distraction.

----------

(Breitbart) Rubio, a member of the committee, also said he was concerned that intelligence was being leaked to the press, rather than given to committees that have oversight over the intelligence agencies.

“I am concerned that people within the U.S. government, intelligence agencies and law enforcement, are providing more information to the press than they are to the committees that have oversight over their activities,” he said.

“I also think it’s problematic that you have individuals — whether it’s within the White House or within different agencies — who appear to be putting out information to the press that seem to be driven potentially by some sort of agenda, so it is concerning,” he added.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ed-flynn-call/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Calm yourself, FF - The Lord is in it.
        To understand why a bigoted POTUS would be so bad we need to see what bigotry is:

Bigotry, in my opinion is founded in the apparently innate human aptitude for feeling that one is at the centre of things, that one’s desires and rules of behaviour, one’s clan, one’s religion and so on are special and superior (or at best not inferior) to everyone else’s. There is an interesting verse in Galatians: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one” (doing well up to this point) “in Christ Jesus.” (it goes and spoils all the good work by claiming the centre). He might as well have said ‘you are either with us or against us’ but this verse in Galatians is used to demonstrate that Christians are an inclusive group. In fact, any group that claims special significance or privileges of some kind is exclusive and therefore promotes bigotry.

So, if we suppose that we should govern ourselves my two simple principals: equality and the ‘golden rule’ then we see straight away where religion contaminates the space with the demand that it is special; that there is another level of authority above that which we adopt from time to time to manage our domestic affairs. The troublesome religions that infest our world all have this woeful characteristic of dividing humanity into believers and infidels. We must fight it at every opportunity we get.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          To understand why a bigoted POTUS would be so bad we need to see what bigotry is:
          With you so far.
          Bigotry, in my opinion....
          How about we stick to reputable definitions, rather than the opinion of one who's known 'round these parts for seemingly saying shockingly dumb things in order to get a rise out of people?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            You've got that backwards. Disarray is the immediate goal; the hope is that impeachment will follow.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• And before impeachment can even be on the table, someone has to prove that Trump actually did something illegal, which so far, there is zero evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And before impeachment can even be on the table, someone has to prove that Trump actually did something illegal, which so far, there is zero evidence.
                So far!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  So far!
                  Sorry, Jimmy, but Trump has been under the microscope for almost two-years. If there was anything to find, they would have found it already, especially now that we know intelligence agencies inside Washington have been colluding with the Democrats to take the President down.

You're worried about Russian interference? Your concerns should be focused closer to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    So far!
                    Just like in your posts!

sigpic

Comment

• Trump's aghast behavior at leaks seems inconsistent at best and disingenuous at worst given how liberally he cited Wikileaks as a source during the campaign relating to an issue dealing with national security.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Trump's aghast behavior at leaks seems inconsistent at best and disingenuous at worst given how liberally he cited Wikileaks as a source during the campaign relating to an issue dealing with national security.
                        There's a rather large distinction between what Trump cited from wikileaks (Never anything actually classified) and someone leaking actual classified data.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Because your own bigotry Trumps () everybody else's?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            So far!
                            You can wish in one hand and pee in the other, Jimmy, and see which fills up first.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Trump's aghast behavior at leaks seems inconsistent at best and disingenuous at worst given how liberally he cited Wikileaks as a source during the campaign relating to an issue dealing with national security.
                              Different kinds of leaks. Private communication of no national security importance versus classified information that can directly impact the safety and security of the US. The latter is a far greater concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                no dumbass. If they impeach Trump, Pence takes over. After that it continues down the line, every one of which is a republican. Republicans all the way down. Sorry but the liberals are out of luck till the next election.

Vice President Mike Pence (R)
                                Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan (R)
                                President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch (R)
                                Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (R)
                                Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin (R)
                                Secretary of Defense James Mattis (I)
                                Attorney General Jeff Sessions (R)
                                Secretary of the Interior Kevin Haugrud
                                Secretary of Agriculture Michael Scuse (D) <--- woohoo You are in luck Tassy!
                                Last edited by Sparko; 02-16-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment