Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gen. Flynn lied concerning his pre-innauguration communications with Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Apparently, Flynn himself has walked back his denial, after VP Pence went to bat for him:

Source: Thomas Gallatin

Late last week, however, Flynn walked back the denial and now concedes that sanctions were discussed with the Russian ambassador. While the Democrats have made much hay over the sanctions having been discussed, the more worrisome issue is actually Flynn’s untruthfulness. As Rich Lowry noted, “I have never understood why it would be inappropriate, let [alone] illegal, for the incoming National Security Advisor to talk to the Russian ambassador. … [But] the truthfulness of Flynn’s account is another matter. If Flynn misled Vice President Pence about the content of his discussions, knowing that Pence would go out and repeat a misleading version to the public, that’s obviously very troubling.”

© Copyright Original Source

See Jim, this is an example of providing a source to back up your assertions.

If this is the case then he needs to face the consequences for his earlier statements.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Apparently, Flynn himself has walked back his denial, after VP Pence went to bat for him:

Source: Thomas Gallatin

Late last week, however, Flynn walked back the denial and now concedes that sanctions were discussed with the Russian ambassador. While the Democrats have made much hay over the sanctions having been discussed, the more worrisome issue is actually Flynn’s untruthfulness. As Rich Lowry noted, “I have never understood why it would be inappropriate, let [alone] illegal, for the incoming National Security Advisor to talk to the Russian ambassador. … [But] the truthfulness of Flynn’s account is another matter. If Flynn misled Vice President Pence about the content of his discussions, knowing that Pence would go out and repeat a misleading version to the public, that’s obviously very troubling.”

© Copyright Original Source

Apparently Vice President Pence jealously guards his reputation, so this may be the end for Flynn.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        See Jim, this is an example of providing a source to back up your assertions.

If this is the case then he needs to face the consequences for his earlier statements.
        Yup, based on fact, not little girly gossip.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

breaking news

Flynn resigned. Good.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Sorry, fixed it. The point is that Flynn lied when he said he didn't dicuss the Obama sanctions in his pre-innauguration call with russian officials.
            Perhaps Flynn had been acting on Trump's orders and was dissembling to protect him. Trump certainly seemed unsurprised by Russia's lack of retaliatory action re the expelled Russian diplomats...he said Putin was "smart". Possibly Putin knew it would all be fixed when Trump took power...after all, Trump "owed him" for Russia's help.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Accountability is a good thing.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I think it's more the fact that his sources are so easily debunked that he thinks he can gain more credibility by simply not providing them.
                ...says the moron who considers Breitbart to be a credible source.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  ...says the moron who considers Breitbart to be a credible source.
                  And yet you've never actually shown a Breitbart story to be incorrect.

Comment

breaking news

Flynn resigned. Good.
                    I think the big question in all of this is why he felt the need to lie when according to the FBI, he never did anything wrong.

But, yeah, you don't just go out and embarrass the presidential administration without it ending your career.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Perhaps Flynn had been acting on Trump's orders and was dissembling to protect him. Trump certainly seemed unsurprised by Russia's lack of retaliatory action re the expelled Russian diplomats...he said Putin was "smart". Possibly Putin knew it would all be fixed when Trump took power...after all, Trump "owed him" for Russia's help.
                      Well we know one thing, Trump was told by the Justice dept. about Flynn and his communications with the Russians shortly after they took place, particularly his calls with russian ambassador Kislyak, and Trump did nothing about it. Apparently the Obama Administration was bracing itself for the Russians retaliation for the sanctions that were put on them in December, but to their astonishment they never came. Instead of retaliations, Putin invited U.S. ambassodors and their familes to a Christmas party at the Kremlim, for which Trump praised Putin. Thats what sparked the investigation into the communications between U.S. and Russian officials. So their is no doubt that Trump knew of Flynns communications, whether he ordered them or not is not evident, but the fact that he protected Flynn until the accussations were made public is telling. Apparently, though I haven't seen the details, Flynn had been communicating with the Russians throughout the Presidential campaign, and if that is true then it is likely that the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia in its hacking operations.

Comment

Why, I bet Trump even wished Putin a good day! Scandalous!

Seriously, you guys might want to read the story about the boy who cried wolf.

Comment

Well we know one thing, Trump was told by the Justice dept. about Flynn and his communications with the Russians shortly after they took place, particularly his calls with russian ambassador Kislyak, and Trump did nothing about it. Apparently the Obama Administration was bracing itself for the Russians retaliation for the sanctions that were put on them in December, but to their astonishment they never came. Instead of retaliations, Putin invited U.S. ambassodors and their familes to a Christmas party at the Kremlim, for which Trump praised Putin. Thats what sparked the investigation into the communications between U.S. and Russian officials. So their is no doubt that Trump knew of Flynns communications, whether he ordered them or not is not evident, but the fact that he protected Flynn until the accussations were made public is telling. Apparently, though I haven't seen the details, Flynn had been communicating with the Russians throughout the Presidential campaign, and if that is true then it is likely that the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia in its hacking operations.
                          Where do you come up with these goofy ideas?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where is the sand you bury your head in?

Comment

He's obviously not reading the same reputable news sources that I read.

Comment

Where is the sand you bury your head in?
                                I'm looking for your sources, genius.

sigpic

Comment