Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

If you are getting a warning about tweb being a deceptive site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    How long before this clears up?????
    I just logged in and got no warnings en route.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I just logged in and got no warnings en route.
      Still says "Dangerous" where the web address is for me and I just opened another tab and used it to go to Tweb and got the warning message

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Still says "Dangerous" where the web address is for me and I just opened another tab and used it to go to Tweb and got the warning message
        What if you logged out of Tweb, closed your browser and started a new session?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What if you logged out of Tweb, closed your browser and started a new session?
          I just did that and had no warning when logging back in.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I just did that and had no warning when logging back in.
            Then, this morning, it was a "deceptive site" again. I think it's all the nonsense our liberals are spewing forth!

Comment

Then, this morning, it was a "deceptive site" again. I think it's all the nonsense our liberals are spewing forth!
              we've been listed as a fake news site!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I'm going to need a reputable source for that... :-)

Comment

apparently google is blocking other legitimate sites too, including YOUTUBE, their own site!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2662378.html

Comment

apparently google is blocking other legitimate sites too, including YOUTUBE, their own site!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2662378.html
                    That article says its from 2013, and the warning they were getting looks different from the one I'm seeing.

Comment

Went are not Huffpo
                      sigpic

Comment

The problem was caused by a nasty bit of code that got in via an exploit of vBulletin's plug-in system. This caused there some users to experience a redirect to a bit of malware hosted on myfilestore. When coming from a google search, the redirect would always happen, and some users experienced it randomly while browsing the site.

This caused Google, Sophos and Yandex to flag the site as being dodgy.

I've cleaned the problem, and got Google to verify the site (they're happy now) and now working through the steps needed to clear it on Yandex and Sophos (Sophos is proving to be a pain as they keep wanting to make me sign up to their paid services to clean it)
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

As Sparko mentioned in another thread, the problem is vulnerabilities in the version of vBulletin we're running that is in need of an upgrade.

Details about the need here
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I have not been warned or redirected today. I only followed the CP suggestion.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Avast still flags tWeb, and I have to disable "Web Shield" to get here.

It's probably going to be a while before this gets completely cleared up across the board.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's because JimL keeps posting "news" without sources!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X