Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

If you are getting a warning about tweb being a deceptive site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Avast still flags tWeb, and I have to disable "Web Shield" to get here.

It's probably going to be a while before this gets completely cleared up across the board.
    Yeah, I have the same problem. You can add it to the exclusions list.

The problem is that is is still listed as having an issue with Yandex, and Eset (which are some of the sites Avast uses to determine things).

I've requested reviews for both, Yandex will take up to 14 days. Eset is via email and I've not yet had a response from them.

Actually just ran a rescan of things while writing this and we're down to only Yandex reporting an issue....out of over 100 services that monitor site status, so Eset is sorted out, and I'm waiting on Yandex
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

It let me in today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        It let me in today.
        We can fix that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Update: Still waiting on Yandex to redo their rating (only thing still giving an error). And I've emailed Sophos (who are partnered with Yandex) asking them as well. Still waiting on them.

As soon as that is happy then we should be back on everyone's nice list.

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Not getting the nasty message anymore.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Not getting the nasty message anymore.
              erm great. Avast must have been using another one to list for their checks, Yandex is still complaining.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                we've been listed as a fake news site!
                I wonder if some of my discrete well wishers have (without consulting me) done to you what like Bill the Cat was doing to me (not to mention a few other ones) ...
                http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
                  I wonder if some of my discrete well wishers have (without consulting me) done to you what like Bill the Cat was doing to me (not to mention a few other ones) ...

Pray tell, what's been done to you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
                    You're not that important Hans...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No warning for 3 days now.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        No warning for 3 days now.
                        Cool.

We're still on Yandex's (so Sophos) naughty list. But all others are happy again.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X