Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Charge Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge Syndrome

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this? It's the reason I was born with hearing and visual deficits. My left ear and eye are worse than the right ones. Does anyone know how you keep potential employers(I'm trying to get a job) from underestimating you just for not hearing as well? The resulting accent may cause some bias issues. Apparently there are still people out there who assume that if you can't hear well, you must be mentally deficient as well.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

I say impress them with what you say then. Show them why they need you for the job.
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Just come right out and explain it to them and tell them why you do have certain problems that you are intelligent, diligent, and capable

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Just come right out and explain it to them and tell them why you do have certain problems that you are intelligent, diligent, and capable
        I don't want to call people out on it if there is another reason they are behaving that way. Anyway, my lack of experience is the bigger issue. Retail doesn't seem to like hiring folk's with a Master's degree. Good luck finding a library job! Anyways, I was curious if anyone knew about CHARGE syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Does anyone know how you keep potential employers(I'm trying to get a job) from underestimating you just for not hearing as well?
          Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

We are not your employment agency Hans.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 02-14-2017, 10:13 AM.
          http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Bill, I was giving a solution, not looking for a job.

Your behaviour to me and to her is gross.

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
              Bill, I was giving a solution, not looking for a job.

Your behaviour to me and to her is gross.
              I'm not interested in your "offer". I am not interested in talking about my job situation.

Comment

I remember seeing a photo of a person who was deaf on one side. She had a "mute" button tatooed by that ear (so looked like the mute icon on your pc)
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  I'm not interested in your "offer". I am not interested in talking about my job situation.
                  Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: One Bad Pig

Drop this topic. Now.

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by One Bad Pig; 02-15-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
                    Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: One Bad Pig

Drop this topic. Now.

Can I tell hangeorge to please leave or stop being creepy?

Comment

Moderated By: Raphael

Hansgeorg, you have been asked to leave this thread by the OP, so please refrain from further posts in it.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Raphael

You were told to NOT make any more posts in this thread.

Last edited by Raphael; 02-16-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

I think it's safe.... Boy, I sure don't like internet creeps! Anyway, I do have a job at a grocery store now(for several years now). I wonder if my multi-sensory deficits acts as a screen to avoid toxic workplaces? Because I have never had the type pf job you hear horror stories about. So, if I'm a walking secret test of character, I guess that's okay? Technically, everyone is a secret test of character. Because God takes it personally how others treat His sheep.

Comment

Wow. I'm glad you found a job. How did you do in the interviewing? Just curious.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              Wow. I'm glad you found a job. How did you do in the interviewing? Just curious.
                              Don't remember. I interviewed for one position, but was offered a different position.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X