Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's national security failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Genetic Fallacy. You point fails.
    I specifically mentioned posts that are propaganda and speculation, the genetic fallacy doesn't hold.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      Do you know how many people want to make Hillary look bad?
      Again, that assumes the data was of a sort to make HER look bad, and not state secrets used for clandestine purposes. Releasing that info could cost them what leverage they obtained. Intelligence gathering typically is not for slandering someone.

I'm pretty sure you could collect millions just to hack her email and leak some emails just to prove how unsecured it was.
      But there is no strategic advantage to that. Hackers that good don't sell what they obtain. This isn't the paparazzi we are discussing.

If it hasn't leaked by now, it's likely it wasn't hacked.
      That's the sort of naivety our adversaries count on. Pretty much if you have a public facing system, you've been hacked. There is simply no discussion on that fact. Heck, I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you have a professional review your home system, there would be at least one successful intrusion that the attacker didn't even try to hide.

If and when a leak emerges, then I will update my views.
      I pray you never get access to any information worth protecting.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You still trust idiotic Brietbart propaganda and speculation over actual demonstrable facts. So my point still stands.
        I'm quoting The New York Times, you dumbass!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Hey, man, I owned up to my mistake in the other thread when you pointed it out, so why don't you take the plank out of my eye and stick it up your...
          Cool it
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I specifically mentioned posts that are propaganda and speculation, the genetic fallacy doesn't hold.
            Your objection was attacking the source of the information. Genetic fallacy.

Comment

Plus it wasn't Brietbart MM was quoting The Thinker is also guilty of ignoring the posted source in order to attack the source he wants to attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Again, that assumes the data was of a sort to make HER look bad, and not state secrets used for clandestine purposes. Releasing that info could cost them what leverage they obtained. Intelligence gathering typically is not for slandering someone.
                They don't have to leak the state secrets, they could leak the no-state secrets. You're assuming every single email was classified on her server. It wasn't.

But there is no strategic advantage to that. Hackers that good don't sell what they obtain. This isn't the paparazzi we are discussing.
                This isn't about selling what they've stolen, this is about getting money merely for hacking her private server, and leaking some data, just to humiliate her and make emailgate an even bigger issue. Right wingers would have paid millions just to be able to run that story.

That's the sort of naivety our adversaries count on. Pretty much if you have a public facing system, you've been hacked. There is simply no discussion on that fact. Heck, I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you have a professional review your home system, there would be at least one successful intrusion that the attacker didn't even try to hide.
                There is plenty to discuss. Not every system has been hacked. But if it is the case that every public facing system is hacked, then it makes no sense to castigate Hillary for having a private server, since a government one would be hacked just as likely.

I pray you never get access to any information worth protecting.
                There is no credible evidence she was hacked. You need to believe she was because you have a desire to believe bad things about her. It's just like when liberals insist Russia hacked the election machines. There's no evidence of that, but they need to believe.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I'm quoting The New York Times, you dumbass!
                  I know that, but you have a long history of believing every Breitbart story that is baseless above demonstrable facts because Breitbart appeals to your desires for what you want to believe is true.

Comment

No my objection was attacking stories that are known to be propaganda or speculation by people who aren't idiots and believing that over demonstrable facts. That's not the GF.

Comment

No my objection was attacking stories that are known to be propaganda or speculation by people who aren't idiots and believing that over demonstrable facts. That's not the GF.
                      yes, it is. You attacked his source, breitbart by claiming it is not to be trusted because it is propaganda. You didn't even check out the story itself, you just dismissed it as false. That is the genetic fallacy. Everyone does it. Heck I do it to Starlight and Shuny when they use wikipedia as a source.

Comment

They don't have to leak the state secrets, they could leak the no-state secrets. You're assuming every single email was classified on her server. It wasn't.
                        And YOU are assuming there was something to gain by leaking the emails. Why risk the exposure?

This isn't about selling what they've stolen, this is about getting money merely for hacking her private server, and leaking some data, just to humiliate her and make emailgate an even bigger issue. Right wingers would have paid millions just to be able to run that story.
                        Again, you are treating hackers like paparazzi. That's not how they work.

There is plenty to discuss. Not every system has been hacked. But if it is the case that every public facing system is hacked, then it makes no sense to castigate Hillary for having a private server, since a government one would be hacked just as likely.
                        The difference is that the government has record keeping policies, configuration and baseline management, and security standards that make tracking hacks more possible.

There is no credible evidence she was hacked.
                        Because the idiots deleted and destroyed the evidence, or never implemented the right methods to maintain the evidence.

You need to believe she was because you have a desire to believe bad things about her.
                        It's my job to detect and deter intrusions. I assume everyone is trying to hack us - because they are. You just don't know anything about this subject, and it's very frustrating to me, who knows quite a bit about it, for you to make such bold proclamations that are so blatantly false.

It's just like when liberals insist Russia hacked the election machines. There's no evidence of that, but they need to believe.
                        The difference is that technology is on my side. Libs who think the machines could be hacked do not have technology on theirs.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment