Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's national security failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Suddenly national security is a really big deal, I guess.
    And lying. Don't forget lying. Lying is YUGE!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I think Trump should say, "I agree! National Security is paramount. Therefore I have decided to reopen the case against Hillary Clinton." And watch the cockroaches scurry.
      That would be great with some .

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The real national security failure are the leaks coming out of Washington.
        Oh really! Trump loved WikiLeaks during the campaign, but he's not so fond of leaks as president. Why is that?

All part of draining the swamp. Nobody expected it to be drained overnight.
        Nonsense! He's making the swamp worse what with his list of Goldman Sachs alumni and rich business friends in the Trump Administration.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          Oh really! Trump loved WikiLeaks during the campaign, but he's not so fond of leaks as president. Why is that?
          Because WikiLeaks wasn't dealing in classified information, dumbass.

Seriously, how many times does that need to be explained?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Classified or not, they are called whistle blowers for a reason. If Gen. Flynns illegal underming of U.S. policy in secret talks with foriegn entities wasn't revealed, he would still be NSA. If Trumps intention was to undermine the U.S. and its ties to our Nato allies in favor of aligning the U.S. with Russia, would you have a problem with intelligence leaks exposing that plan to the American public, or would you consider it a patriotic act?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Classified or not, they are called whistle blowers for a reason. If Gen. Flynns illegal underming of U.S. policy in secret talks with foriegn entities wasn't revealed, he would still be NSA.
              That's not why he resigned. He resigned because he lied to Pence.

If Trumps intention was to undermine the U.S. and its ties to our Nato allies in favor of aligning the U.S. with Russia, would you have a problem with intelligence leaks exposing that plan to the American public, or would you consider it a patriotic act?
              I have a problem with ANYONE exposing classified secrets.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                That's not why he resigned. He resigned because he lied to Pence.

I have a problem with ANYONE exposing classified secrets.
                So if you were an intel agent and had information that implicated the president as treasoness you would keep silent about it.

Comment

So if you were an intel agent and had information that implicated the president as treasoness you would keep silent about it.
                  Yes. I took an oath to protect the secrets I have been entrusted with. My word is my bond. That people like Snowden lack that integrity isn't my problem.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    If Gen. Flynns illegal underming...
                    It wasn't illegal, you obtuse jackass.

Source: The Washington Post

The FBI in late December reviewed intercepts of communications between the Russian ambassador to the United States and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn — national security adviser to then-President-elect Trump — but has not found any evidence of wrongdoing or illicit ties to the Russian government, U.S. officials said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e7493204927e

© Copyright Original Source

This has been pointed out to you so many times that continuing with this discredited narrative is beginning to look like a deliberate falsehood on your part.

Comment

Classified or not...
                      Did you even read what you posted? There is a difference between leaking classified material (state secrets) and non-classified secrets

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        You were against wikileaks during the campaign but now you are fond of leaks. Why is that?

Comment

It wasn't illegal, you obtuse jackass.
                          I'm going to have to report you for abuse of dumb animals!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Did you even read what you posted? There is a difference between leaking classified material (state secrets) and non-classified secrets
                            I meant non-classified information not secrets

Still, I wonder if poor little Jimmy-boy comprehends the difference.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It’s all related.

The wikileaks originated from a hostile government seeking to interfere in the US electoral process in favour of Trump. And the current leaks show that members of Trump’s campaign team talked with Russian intelligence in the year leading up to the U.S. presidential election.

Communications intercepted by U.S. authorities indicated that Trump associates were repeatedly in contact with intelligence and government officials from Russia around the same time that Trump was openly praising President Vladimir Putin on the campaign trail. And there’s increasing evidence that Donald Trump knew for weeks Michael Flynn was misleading over his regular communications with Russia...possibly under Trump’s direction.

In short, all the evidence points to collusion by Trump with a hostile power and there are many questions to be answered...as even Fox News acknowledges:

Shep Smith of Fox News on Trump’s Press Conference on 16th Feb: ‘It’s crazy what we’re watching every day. It’s absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous throwaway lines that are not true at all, and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we’re some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked, and the Russians were responsible for it, and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening, and we’re fools for asking the questions? No, sir.’

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/she...mp-1201990555/
                              Last edited by Tassman; 02-17-2017, 11:18 PM.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Look, you guys have been flogging this dead horse for months. Surely if there was anything to this Russian narrative then something, anything concrete would have been discovered by now. Instead it's just the same old rumors, the same old "unnamed sources", the same old fake dossiers, the same old unfounded speculation that liberals have been hyperventilating about since last October, all fed to gullible idiots like you by the same media that served you phony polls saying that Hillary was practically guaranteed to win the election. It's time to leave your liberal fantasy world and join the rest of us here in the real one.

Comment