Thread: Rev 2

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Rev 2

This is going more slowly than I wanted, since I have a lot of sources of stress at the moment (increasing responsibility at work, general stress at work, studying for P.E. exam, three kids, home ownership, Trump's totalitarian ways, etc.). But I am making progress.

Chapters 1 through 4 have been revised; chapter 1 pretty heavily. Chapter 3 needs a good deal of trimming down, but I think it's in a reasonably good place for this run-through. Chapter 5 is where things get tougher: where I introduce multiple secondary characters, etc. But I think I have a path forward now, and I think I'm beginning to solve the problems I created, or discovered, in the first draft.

I think I know what I'm going to do with the headaches. (that's meaningless if you haven't at least read chapter 1.)

I also think I've decided on a title for the thing, which accomplishes my objective of a title with a dual meaning. That's gimmicky, but...eh. Gimmicks aren't always a bad thing, right?
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

2. Amen Bisto, One Bad Pig, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, you mean Revision 2. For some reason when I saw the title, I thought you were referring to the Apocalypse.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen Bisto, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Chapters 1 through 4 have been revised; chapter 1 pretty heavily.
    After checking the thread on the Mandela effect a few times these days, I must say that reading the title and this line made me wonder, 'Have we lost Zym?'
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

6. Amen KingsGambit amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Oh, you mean Revision 2. For some reason when I saw the title, I thought you were referring to the Apocalypse.

Nope, this was a purely selfish post about my own writing.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."