Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama's Shadow Government?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Obama has set up a shadow government, I'd say that's a pretty dark thing to do.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

711052-back-donkey.jpg

Comment

Obamaracism.gif
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]20958[/ATTACH]
          It's a donkey. DemocraticLogo.jpg

Comment

Yeah, but it's about Obama, and you're a conservative, so that automatically makes it racist.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The latest wrinkle

Source: Obama-linked activists have a ‘training manual’ for protesting Trump

An Obama-tied activist group training tens of thousands of agitators to protest President Trump’s policies plans to hit Republican lawmakers supporting those policies even harder this week, when they return home for the congressional recess and hold town hall meetings and other functions.

Organizing for Action, a group founded by Obama and featured prominently on his new post-presidency website, is distributing a training manual to anti-Trump activists that advises them to bully GOP lawmakers into backing off support for repealing ObamaCare, curbing immigration from high-risk Islamic nations, and building a border wall.

In a new Facebook post, OFA calls on activists to mobilize against Republicans from now until Feb. 26, when “representatives are going to be in their home districts.”

The protesters disrupted town halls earlier this month, including one held in Utah by House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz, who was confronted by hundreds of angry demonstrators claiming to be his constituents.

The manual, published with OFA partner “Indivisible,” advises protesters to go into halls quietly so as not to raise alarms, and “grab seats at the front of the room but do not all sit together.” Rather, spread out in pairs to make it seem like the whole room opposes the Republican host’s positions. “This will help reinforce the impression of broad consensus.” It also urges them to ask “hostile” questions — while keeping “a firm hold on the mic” — and loudly boo the the GOP politician if he isn’t “giving you real answers.”

“Express your concern [to the event’s hosts] they are giving a platform to pro-Trump authoritarianism, racism, and corruption,” it says.

The goal is to make Republicans, even from safe districts, second-guess their support for the Trump agenda, and to prime “the ground for the 2018 midterms when Democrats retake power.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*The story continues at the link above*]

Yes, I'm aware that Tea Party protesters attended Town Hall meetings held by Democrats in 2010 but the difference here is they weren't being sponsored by a former president within weeks after his successor took office or bankrolled by a criminal billionaire like George Soros.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Yes, I'm aware that Tea Party protesters attended Town Hall meetings held by Democrats in 2010 but the difference here is they weren't being sponsored by a former president within weeks after his successor took office or bankrolled by a criminal billionaire like George Soros.
                This is not going to end well.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

As long as they are peaceful, they have a right to protest. I just have problems with them causing disruptions, riots, and violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    As long as they are peaceful, they have a right to protest. I just have problems with them causing disruptions, riots, and violence.
                    Some of the Town Hall meetings that Tea Partiers attended could be described as disruptive but considering the history of left wing protests I figure the chance for violence breaking out will be rather high.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Some of the Town Hall meetings that Tea Partiers attended could be described as disruptive but considering the history of left wing protests I figure the chance for violence breaking out will be rather high.
                      I mean disruptive like making the meeting impossible to continue, like shouting down the speaker when he is trying to talk, etc. Asking hard questions is perfectly fine. Protesting with signs is fine. Yelling profanities and smashing cars and windows is not. Intimidating other people is not fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I mean disruptive like making the meeting impossible to continue, like shouting down the speaker when he is trying to talk, etc. Asking hard questions is perfectly fine. Protesting with signs is fine. Yelling profanities and smashing cars and windows is not. Intimidating other people is not fine.
                        IIRC there was some of that in a couple incidents. I suspect the left will likely ratchet it up several notches using bullhorns, whistles and air horns and such. Also look for vandalism of autos and physical confrontations outside the venues as that has become SOP as of late.

Comment