Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal "Journalism" has hit a new low: Gizmodo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They are so used to kissing up to Obama, and him fawning all over them, that they are in absolute shock over the way Trump (appropriately) treats them as a bunch of snarling growling jackals.

The doofuses in the media aren't used to people not giving them the admiration and respect that they think they deserve.

It's fun to watch. I haven't had this much fun since the hogs ate my little brother.
    When the press interviewed Obama, the questions were basically, "So tell us, Mr. President, just how wonderful are you?" It was embarrassing, and there was zero interest in digging into any of the numerous scandals that erupted while Obama was in office. Furthermore, Obama actively shunned the conservative media and never took questions from anybody but reliably liberal outlets like the Associated Press and CNN, and if any of their people ever asked an uncomfortable question, Obama would visibly bristle, and it would pretty much be the end of that reporter's career.

Look, I don't mind the media holding the President accountable -- in fact, that's supposed to be their job -- but I would love to see less bias and more consistency. They also need to stop destroying their own credibility by chasing after every juicy bit of gossip that turns out to be false, and they really should be more open about exactly who their sources are.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      When the press interviewed Obama, the questions were basically, "So tell us, Mr. President, just how wonderful are you?" It was embarrassing, and there was zero interest in digging into any of the numerous scandals that erupted while Obama was in office. Furthermore, Obama actively shunned the conservative media and never took questions from anybody but reliably liberal outlets like the Associated Press and CNN, and if any of their people ever asked an uncomfortable question, Obama would visibly bristle, and it would pretty much be the end of that reporter's career.

Look, I don't mind the media holding the President accountable -- in fact, that's supposed to be their job -- but I would love to see less bias and more consistency. They also need to stop destroying their own credibility by chasing after every juicy bit of gossip that turns out to be false, and they really should be more open about exactly who their sources are.
      Source: Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Newspapers ... serve as chimnies to carry off noxious vapors and smoke.

© Copyright Original Source

It's not as if this is a new phenomenon.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Gizmodo should have just stuck to being a blog about tech instead of deciding to go into politics.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Source: Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Newspapers ... serve as chimnies to carry off noxious vapors and smoke.

It's not as if this is a new phenomenon.
          Yes, I realize that for as long as the news profession has existed, there has been fake news (I read once about a newspaper inventing a war in a far off place just to try and sell more copies than their rival, which prompted the rival newspaper to invent some exclusive scoop about the non-existent war just so they wouldn't look like they were lagging behind their competition).

I would just like to see more professionalism and integrity from modern news sources, but perhaps that's too much to ask.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Gizmodo should have just stuck to being a blog about tech instead of deciding to go into politics.
            And then there's ESPN.

Speaking of ESPN, I was thrilled to see Trump have the dignity to decline ESPN's invitation to fill out a college basketball bracket.

Comment

From something I posted an hour ago in another thread
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Liberals for the most part ignored how poorly Obama treated the press and the press itself largely smiled and masochistically took what he handed out because he was the Obamessiah and most of it was directed toward conservatives.

Source: WHY IT'LL BE HARD FOR TRUMP TO SURPASS OBAMA'S RECORD OF CHILLING PRESS FREEDOM

‘Folks like Rush Limbaugh, some commentators on Fox News, that hot house ... has been harmful to the country’

Many in the mainstream media are reacting with righteous indignation over comments from a senior Trump adviser suggesting the administration views the traditional media as an opponent. But if we're to take these apostles of press freedom seriously, they should first explain why the Trump Administration is worse than the Obama Administration.

After all, the Obama Administration literally tried imprisoning an uncooperative journalist, monitored journalists' every digital move, and "hammered" at least one challenging reporter with IRS audits.

Let's rewind the tape.

The Obama Administration began with lofty promises of being "the most transparent administration in history." Instead it ended up setting a record, by the Associated Press's count, for denying the most Freedom of Information Act requests.

As the administration's popularity began tumbling early into its first year, the Obama White House declared war on Fox News. The White House director of communications, Anita Dunn, warned they would henceforth treat Fox News "like an opponent," insisting, "we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave."

The Obama administration made good on that threat. Soon thereafter, the administration sought to deny Fox News' participation in executive branch news-making events -- which only failed after other networks admirably refused to participate if Fox News were excluded.

As you'll see in the montage above, President Obama blamed Fox News and talk radio for virtually every problem his administration encountered, warning in his waning days that these "domestic propagandists" were far more damaging to America than any interference from hostile powers like Russia.

When Fox News's State Department correspondent, James Rosen, reported accurate information about North Korea leaked by a member of the Obama State Department, Eric Holder ordered his movements to be tracked, his phone records seized, and went "judge shopping" until he found one willing to grant such a warrant without telling Rosen himself. Holder even told Google to not notify Rosen that the government was monitoring his email.

"To treat a reporter as a criminal for doing his job — seeking out information the government doesn’t want made public — deprives Americans of the First Amendment freedom on which all other constitutional rights are based," the Washington Post wrote at the time.

And it wasn't just Fox News. The New York Times's James Risen was targeted for almost the entirety of Obama's two terms. His crime? Reporting accurate information the Obama Administration didn't want reported. "Along the way, we found out that the government had spied on virtually every aspect of James Risen’s digital life from phone calls, to emails, to credit card statements, bank records and more," the Freedom of the Press Foundation reported. After the Supreme Court rejected Risen's appeal of an earlier order mandating he testify about the source of information he reported, Risen faced jail time.

After an outcry, Holder finally backed down.

The Associated Press experienced similar surveillance. For two months, the Department of Justice tracked 20 AP reporters' calls, ostensibly over their reporting into a Libyan terrorist's failed plot. Why was reporting on a failed plot so threatening? The AP said it was because the administration wanted to announce the news itself.

Obama himself was notorious for granting interviews with journalists whom he knew would treat him gently -- like Steve Kroft. When Obama accidentally exposed himself to a mildly challenging interview with a local reporter in Saint Louis, that reporter was later "hammered" with IRS audits.

With the Obama Administration, the message to the media was always clear: Report negatively about us, and we'll use the powers at our disposal to make you suffer consequences.

If those journalists currently complaining about the Trump Administration found no such fault with the Obama Administration, perhaps it's because they were all too willing to toe the line.

Source

Now imagine if Trump started tracking a bunch of reporters phone calls, not because they were publishing classified information, but merely because they had published a story that Trump wanted to be the first to release. Or sicced the IRS after reporters who asked tough questions. The howls of outrage would be heard far and wide and those would be the lead stories for days on end as scowling left-wing pundits and politicians would be calling for impeachment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

At this point, the liberal media isn't even trying to hide that they want to manufacture fake news and print rumors in order to destroy Trump. They don't even pretend to be unbiased. In fact they are calling rumor mongering, "Good Journalism"

Tell on Trump
                  As the last few weeks have demonstrated, good journalism requires good sources. The election of Donald Trump, despite scandal after scandal, made it seem as if true and accurate reporting about public figures had lost its power to make a difference. But the tumult and chaos of the first month of Trump’s presidency have shown that there’s still life in the practitioners of our hated profession.

We at Gizmodo Media Group have launched what we are calling the Special Projects Desk to pursue investigative projects across all of our sites—Deadspin, Fusion, Jezebel, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Kotaku, the Root, and Lifehacker. You can read about our team and how to contact us here.

We want to make sure that anyone with access to newsworthy information—particularly about the conduct of the new presidential administration—knows how to reach us. Accordingly, we’ve built a web site, TellOnTrump.com, with instructions on various ways to reach out to our reporters securely.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20929[/ATTACH]
                  https://specialprojectsdesk.kinja.co...8Lifehacker%29

Jezabel?????

You can't make this stuff up.

Oh wait........... they are making it up.
                  “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

Jezabel?????

You can't make this stuff up.

Oh wait........... they are making it up.
                    Jezebel is one of their liberal feminist blogs. It gets pretty raunchy

Comment

Jezebel is one of their liberal feminist blogs. It gets pretty raunchy
                      I'm familiar with it. That's why I was in tears laughing. It's a website with a very clear and biased anti-male agenda.
                      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I don't think liberals fully understand just what a dangerous political climate they're trying to establish.
                        Certainly it's a worryingly dangerous political climate developing in the USA. This is what you get when you have a president who is a proven compulsive liar that can't distinguish fact from fantasy. The role of the media is simply to report what it sees and hears, it's no good blaming the messenger if you don't like the message.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoronn View Post
                          This is what you get when you have a president who is a proven compulsive liar that can't distinguish fact from fantasy.
                          I agree, but thankfully Obama is no longer our president.

Comment

I agree, but thankfully Obama is no longer our president.
                            Come now, "Trump and his sycophants are just making stuff up".

https://www.thenation.com/article/resist-and-persist/

US politics has never seen the like.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Come now, "Trump and his sycophants are just making stuff up".

https://www.thenation.com/article/resist-and-persist/

US politics has never seen the like.
                              lol!!!! that reads like a tweb post by someone like you! a bunch of baseless accusations and assertions with no basis in reality whatsoever? are you a ghost writer tass?

Comment

lol!!!! that reads like a tweb post by someone like you! a bunch of baseless accusations and assertions with no basis in reality whatsoever? are you a ghost writer tass?
                                Trump is a compulsive, serial liar. This is not a "baseless accusation" or personal opinion it's demonstrable fact, which cannot be denied. Trump says things that blatantly contradict clear and widely published information.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...7Oe#.ipyrroRAL

...and this pathological liar has the gall to refer to MSM as "fake news". It's Doublespeak straight out of George Orwell’s '1984'.

Comment