Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: more liberal white privilege nonsense

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I bought a nearly new Jeep from Trout for a bottle of 'fire water'.
    If that isn't convincing let me elaborate and point out that the Jeep turned out to be stolen.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If that isn't convincing let me elaborate and point out that the Jeep turned out to be stolen.
    That isn't entirely true.
    The Jeep was technically not Trout's to sell even though it had been abandoned.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That isn't entirely true.
    The Jeep was technically not Trout's to sell even though it had been abandoned.
    Abandoned isn't really the right word there.
    It was being held as collateral by a repair shop and it had become clear the original owner wasn't going to be able to cover the repair costs.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Abandoned isn't really the right word there.
    It was being held as collateral by a repair shop and it had become clear the original owner wasn't going to be able to cover the repair costs.
    This also gives the wrong impression.
    The original owner could have covered the repair costs but he'd frozen to death out in the hills when the Jeep wouldn't start.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This also gives the wrong impression.
    The original owner could have covered the repair costs but he'd frozen to death out in the hills when the Jeep wouldn't start.
    The new starter was $352.00 but that may have included an oil change.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The new starter was $352.00 but that may have included an oil change.
    The thing is, the Jeep wasn't due for an oil change.
    One cannot expect a grieving widow to know these things.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Bought with white man's money.
    So you do use white privilege!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jeeps are the Red Man's new War Ponies.

9. Amen Meh Gerbil amen'd this post.
    Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Jeeps are the Red Man's new War Ponies.
    They're gonna lose hard again.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisto View Post
    I see. Thanks for the examples. I don't suppose you guys know of an 'birth-assigned black' later identifying as white or some other combination?

This whole thing feels weird. Why does the world, according to its own assumptions, not accept them? What logic embraces and celebrates transgenderism, for example, and yet rejects these individuals as "blackface" or whatever (as the Wiki entries say they get called)?
    Actually.... here in my own Guatemala there are people who were "assigned" a Maya identity (be it Quiché, Kakchikel, Tzutujil, etc.) at birth, but those who move to the cities (looking for better job opportunities), they tend to gravitate away from their Maya identity, and end up embracing the "Ladino" identity (Ladino is the Western influenced and hispanicized individual in Guatemala, usually called "Blanco" or "Mestizo" in other Latin American countries). The Maya and Ladino identities tend to be attached with their physical traits (Mayas having the usual "Mesoamerican" traits, whilst Ladinos having the usual "Europenesque" traits), but that hasn't stopped Mayas at all over many generations in switching identities over time.
    Last edited by Andius; 02-20-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    To some, especially those who are friends to the World, this may as well be my description:

I'm the Spirit that denieth, All things, always — stars or flowers ; That by sneers and strife supplieth

Cause to vex the Heavenly power. , I'm for Nought; and for creation: Ruin, universal death! And my life, my breath, And my very life and breath.
    Is what here they call transgression, Sin and Death ! Shouting and laughing out this word I throw : ''No !"

- from the Opera, Mefistofele