Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News outlet WSJ go after youtuber Pewdiepie for being a "nazi".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake News outlet WSJ go after youtuber Pewdiepie for being a "nazi".

So the fake news outlets are not happy with just going after Trump but now they are going after You Tuber Pewdiepie as well. Of course they make these claims by hiring three "reporters" to take his video's out of context and by just tarnishing his name by calling him a Nazi.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/youtub...emitic-videos/

Pewdiepie has also made a response to this but due to language I cannot link to it but it's worth watching to get his side of the story.

For those of you who do not know who Pewdiepie is, he is a YouTube satirist who uses edgy humour in a lot of his videos. He started out by playing computer games on his channel while using such humour but in recent years he expanded his scope and touched on things without the use of computer games.

So the WSJ basically took what he did out of context to call him a Nazi. They refer to one video where Pewdiepie gets a website called Fiverr to have two men hold up a sign with the words "Death to all Jews" on it. Ofcourse they leave out that this website make the claim that they will do anything for a fiver and Pewdiepie was testing this theory out with something ridiculous that he thought they wouldn't do but they did do. In the end in context some people might call it offensive humour but it's certainly a long way away from being a real Nazi. Also lets not forget when Sarah Silverman dressed up a Nazi but I don't hear anybody crying about that.

They also make some other claims about what Pewdiepie did and take it out of context to make this claim, proving just how fake the modern narrative is for the MSM. In one instance they quite literally accused him of a Nazi salute when he was pointing to something with his hand and they used another incident where he was making fun of the YouTube heroes program.

One last thing to note is that Pewdiepie has over 53 million subscribers and gets over 12 million views a day. The MSM at this point just can't help shooting themselves in the foot by showing how utterly dishonest they are.

Now I'm not a fan of his channel as such but I do think it's quite important to notice that this story is just trash about him and is basically a hit piece. Perhaps now more people will wake up to the fake narrative that news publications are running.

Don't be an idiot. The Wall Street Journal is not a fake news outlet. It makes no sense to call anything you disagree with "fake" (not to mention the Wall Street Journal is generally considered to lean conservative anyway).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Has anyone watched all the videos they write about in the article? It seems that he is guilty of being a tasteless twit and a fool--that said, I'm not watching all thos videos, not even for science. I don't have enough brain cells left to spare. The one I watched had him swearing with Edited by a Moderator every fifth word--but that was apparently okay for Disney. Just not the supposed anti-semitism.
      A

14 mil. A year to act stupid!? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
      Last edited by rogue06; 02-20-2017, 09:25 AM.
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Don't be an idiot. The Wall Street Journal is not a fake news outlet. It makes no sense to call anything you disagree with "fake" (not to mention the Wall Street Journal is generally considered to lean conservative anyway).
        Actually, most studies find that their news coverage slants slightly left whereas their editorial/opinion section is pretty conservative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Actually, most studies find that their news coverage slants slightly left whereas their editorial/opinion section is pretty conservative.
          So slightly left is enough to render it "fake", according to this OP?

This is the kind of nonsense David French warned against the other day as the "tough guy right". http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...nternet-debate
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

So slightly left is enough to render it "fake", according to this OP?
            I'm just replying to your comment about the WSJ being conservative. It's more complex than that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What they are reporting is a falsehood. He is not a Nazi and they took videos of his out of context in their article. So by this standard it is fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                So the fake news outlets are not happy with just going after Trump but now they are going after You Tuber Pewdiepie as well. Of course they make these claims by hiring three "reporters" to take his video's out of context and by just tarnishing his name by calling him a Nazi.

Pewdiepie has also made a response to this but due to language I cannot link to it but it's worth watching to get his side of the story.

For those of you who do not know who Pewdiepie is, he is a YouTube satirist who uses edgy humour in a lot of his videos. He started out by playing computer games on his channel while using such humour but in recent years he expanded his scope and touched on things without the use of computer games.

So the WSJ basically took what he did out of context to call him a Nazi. They refer to one video where Pewdiepie gets a website called Fiverr to have two men hold up a sign with the words "Death to all Jews" on it. Ofcourse they leave out that this website make the claim that they will do anything for a fiver and Pewdiepie was testing this theory out with something ridiculous that he thought they wouldn't do but they did do. In the end in context some people might call it offensive humour but it's certainly a long way away from being a real Nazi. Also lets not forget when Sarah Silverman dressed up a Nazi but I don't hear anybody crying about that.

They also make some other claims about what Pewdiepie did and take it out of context to make this claim, proving just how fake the modern narrative is for the MSM. In one instance they quite literally accused him of a Nazi salute when he was pointing to something with his hand and they used another incident where he was making fun of the YouTube heroes program.

One last thing to note is that Pewdiepie has over 53 million subscribers and gets over 12 million views a day. The MSM at this point just can't help shooting themselves in the foot by showing how utterly dishonest they are.

Now I'm not a fan of his channel as such but I do think it's quite important to notice that this story is just trash about him and is basically a hit piece. Perhaps now more people will wake up to the fake narrative that news publications are running.

Comment

Well it's 53 million subscribers who are now further redpilled on the nature of the MSM or as others like to call them the failing legacy media.

Comment

Well you can't make this up. One of the journalists who wrote this hit piece has been making jokes about nazis himself.

RWHnHA5ei_GX5Yej3UiMK7Y7vX_tsTnfPxgS9gcQNsc.jpg

Comment

got a link to the WSJ article (or copy of it since WSJ is subscription?)

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

Actually, from what I can dig up, all that the WSJ did was report on the content of the site which did admittedly post offensive material. Because of that Pewdiepie is losing his backers, and pewdiepie acknowledges the mistake and apologised for that content. Thats not fake news. Thats pewdiepie making a mistake, the news picking up on it, his apoligising for it, and paying the penalty for it by losing his finacial backers. I watched pewdiepies apology, it was heartfelt, he acknowledge it was a mistake, that he went to far, and then blamed the WSJ for doing a story on it. I haven't read the actual WSJ article, because I can't find it, but perhaps you could explain the "fake news" you find in it. Btw, fake news is nothing more than blatant lies, false stories, you know like Trump spews every day, you know like, terrorist attacks in Sweden, or thousands of muslims cheering the 911 attack, or 3 million illegal voters etc etc etc. So what is the fake news in the WSJ article?
                        Last edited by JimL; 02-20-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Anyone with access to the wsj want to tell us what the article said?
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                            Anyone with access to the wsj want to tell us what the article said?
                            I used to have a backdoor into it but they recently closed it

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Actually, from what I can dig up, all that the WSJ did was report on the content of the site which did admittedly post offensive material. Because of that Pewdiepie is losing his backers, and pewdiepie acknowledges the mistake and apologised for that content. Thats not fake news. Thats pewdiepie making a mistake, the news picking up on it, his apoligising for it, and paying the penalty for it by losing his finacial backers. I watched pewdiepies apology, it was heartfelt, he acknowledge it was a mistake, that he went to far, and then blamed the WSJ for doing a story on it. I haven't read the actual WSJ article, because I can't find it, but perhaps you could explain the "fake news" you find in it. Btw, fake news is nothing more than blatant lies, false stories, you know like Trump spews every day, you know like, terrorist attacks in Sweden, or thousands of muslims cheering the 911 attack, or 3 million illegal voters etc etc etc. So what is the fake news in the WSJ article?
                              Jim, in that video he litterally gave WSJ the middle finger. He lost his backing from Disney because WSJ approached Disney and put them under pressure. Pewdiepie apoligised to those he may have offended with his edgy humour but he ripped into WSJ for calling him a nazi when he isn't.

My goodness, your grasp on context is shockingly bad on things if you watched his video and thats what you got from it.

Comment