Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to speak at CPAC? Super!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    So, LOL, it was a liberal "coordinated hit" but we're gonna [accept his resignation].
    It was definitely a coordinated liberal hit because a mole on a journalist list posted about it happening on 4chan before it happened.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      It was definitely a coordinated liberal hit because a mole on a journalist list posted about it happening on 4chan before it happened.
      Sure. But as I pointed out to maxvel, the libs didn't get him dropped from cpac, and it wasn't liberal breitbarters threatening to walk if he wasn't let go. Many conservatives kinda thought he was disgusting. I've no doubt some were biding their time until they could toss him.

Now a more interesting question is whether or not the gained notoriety was what he was after in the first place-because he is clearly that clever-- and what he chooses to do with his audience now that he's no longer beholden to any minders.
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        He specifies that he was 13.
        In the Joe Rogan video? Where? Please give a specific citation. I haven't come across him saying that.

Originally posted by guacamole
        It is what it is. If it's not paedophilia, on a technicality, then it was still statutory rape. From a priest. Who presumably still works with kids. Interesting to see that this is what some conservatives want to defend in the age of Trump. I remember when character used to count.
        You're putting words in my mouth. Very offensive ones. Who is defending paedophilia or statutory rape?

Milo has been accused of supporting paedophilia. Which is clearly a false accusation. The accusation derives from interpretations of his words in extracts from number of casual interviews, and he has clearly rejected paedophilia in his formal statements (see his Facebook).

Milo is a victim of sexual abuse, and yet here you're blaming him for not dealing with it in the way you think he should have, and supporting those who condemn him for being a victim. Shame on you. You should be blaming the priest, the church and the community where it happened, instead of the victim.

Do you support compelling child victims of sexual abuse to identify their abusers? Should they be thrown in jail if they won't, or choose not to at the time?

Originally posted by guacamole
        Again, he wasn't removed from CPAC because of liberal outrage. The liberals don't have that much pull. Sorry.

Who broke the story? How come CPAC were OK with inviting him as a speaker when these videos had been out for months, and then suddenly changed their minds?
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

nobody is defending what milo said (not even milo). that's a complete non-issue
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            They do it in other places too. I haven't encountered in on facebook, but I've seen it elsewhere.
            on facebook, there is something called "like mining" advertisers will post something that goes viral and gets a lot of likes, raising its popularity and spreading it over a large number of pages. then they change the post to an ad for their product, which then shows up on all those pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              nobody is defending what milo said (not even milo). that's a complete non-issue
              Don't you pretty much defend what he says about underage relationships, as long as the relationships are heterosexual?
              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                on facebook, there is something called "like mining" advertisers will post something that goes viral and gets a lot of likes, raising its popularity and spreading it over a large number of pages. then they change the post to an ad for their product, which then shows up on all those pages.
                Devious!
                Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                  Don't you pretty much defend what he says about underage relationships, as long as the relationships are heterosexual?
                  And the two people are of similar age. Milo was talking about having sex with an adult (priest of your church I believe).

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    In the Joe Rogan video? Where? Please give a specific citation. I haven't come across him saying that.
                    There are two Rogan videos, and the point of view is advanced elsewhere as well. I'm not interested in posting a link here or typing out a transcript, sorry. Unfortunately, you're simply wrong on this.

You're putting words in my mouth. Very offensive ones. Who is defending paedophilia or statutory rape?
                    YOU are defending a man who was raped as a "young teen" (his words) by a priest, and he further refuses to give a name because of his delusion that it was "consensual." I've already explained why this is reckless, I'll not waste the words on you again. YOU are defending a man who is on the record as saying that some relationships between men and young teens are acceptable, especially when the young teens are "sexually precocious" as he himself was (again, his words).

Milo has been accused of supporting paedophilia. Which is clearly a false accusation.
                    Look, I already deferred the point to you on this one. But in common usage, people use pedophilia to describe any underage sex, not just the rape of prepubescent children. At any case, I changed to talking about "statutory rape" which is not a false accusation.

The accusation derives from interpretations of his words in extracts from number of casual interviews, and he has clearly rejected paedophilia in his formal statements (see his Facebook).
                    Great, he has rejected paedophilia, but he hasn't rejected his claims on statutory rape and neither has he agreed to stop protecting his own rapist.

Milo is a victim of sexual abuse, and yet here you're blaming him for not dealing with it in the way you think he should have, and supporting those who condemn him for being a victim. Shame on you. You should be blaming the priest, the church and the community where it happened, instead of the victim.
                    LOL. We can't really blame the priest now can we? No one is condemning him for being a victim.

Do you support compelling child victims of sexual abuse to identify their abusers? Should they be thrown in jail if they won't, or choose not to at the time?
                    A prepubescent child who is traumatized? Not necessarily. An adult to talks about it on more than one occasion, on publicly accessed media, and who uses it as grist for his twisted jokes or as support for his belief that some pederastic relationships are okay? Definitely.

Do you support leaving a rapist in position as a parish priest who works with other young teens?

Who broke the story? How come CPAC were OK with inviting him as a speaker when these videos had been out for months, and then suddenly changed their minds?

Who cares who broke the story? If CPAC and Breitbart wanted to stand behind him, they could have totally made that choice. They didn't. That's on CPAC and Breitbart.

fwiw,
                    guacamole
                    Save me, save me"

Comment