Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to speak at CPAC? Super!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to speak at CPAC? Super!

You can't even write this stuff...

http://cpac.conservative.org/speakers/

I'm not even sure about the angle to take on this one? The pedo angle? The prostitution of the Church angle? Someone help a brother out. What argument are pro-Milo and pro-CPAC apologetes supposed to take on this one?

LOL.
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

er what? Guac, are you saying Milo is a pedophile? He is gay.

You don't think gay people can be conservative and republican? I have a friend who is gay and he is more right wing than I am. He is even against gay marriage.

Comment

He's in the record on video talking about a pedophilic relationship he's had with a priest, refusing in fact to give up the predator's name, among other insane assertions. I won't post a link here because if it didn't violate tweb's terms, it should. Google will be instructive though. Joe Rogan show, fwiw.

Anyway, he's been disinvited now:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...os-tape-235204
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        He's in the record on video talking about a pedophilic relationship he's had with a priest, refusing in fact to give up the predator's name, among other insane assertions. I won't post a link here because if it didn't violate tweb's terms, it should. Google will be instructive though. Joe Rogan show, fwiw.

Anyway, he's been disinvited now:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...os-tape-235204
        huh. I hadn't heard about that.

In the article you link to he says:

In a statement posted on Facebook on Monday afternoon, Yiannopoulos said he “deeply regret[s]” the way his comments were interpreted, and stressed that he is “horrified by pedophilia” and said he has “devoted large portions of my careers as a journalist to exposing child abusers.”

“I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim,” he wrote. “My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous. But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, ‘advocacy.’”

Still, he insisted that the tapes were “edited deceptively” and that he does not “advocate for illegal behavior.”

“I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret,” he wrote.

Wonder if this is another smear campaign by the left? They seem out to get him.

But since I have no information, that is just pure suspicion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          huh. I hadn't heard about that.

In the article you link to he says:

In a statement posted on Facebook on Monday afternoon, Yiannopoulos said he “deeply regret[s]” the way his comments were interpreted, and stressed that he is “horrified by pedophilia” and said he has “devoted large portions of my careers as a journalist to exposing child abusers.”

“I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim,” he wrote. “My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous. But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, ‘advocacy.’”

Still, he insisted that the tapes were “edited deceptively” and that he does not “advocate for illegal behavior.”

“I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret,” he wrote.

Wonder if this is another smear campaign by the left? They seem out to get him.

But since I have no information, that is just pure suspicion.
          Yeah, no. I have, unfortunately, watched the video in question. His attempted excuses are ridiculous. At any rate, the outrage from the right is what got him disinvited from cpac.
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            Yeah, no. I have, unfortunately, watched the video in question. His attempted excuses are ridiculous. At any rate, the outrage from the right is what got him disinvited from cpac.
            OK I will take your word on it.

Comment

What Milo said is that he had no issue with himself having sex with a priest when he was 14 (i think we can all agree he does have issues). Sex with 14 year olds is not pedophilia. Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescent children. What milo was talking about was child molestation (not the same thing) which is very common among gay males. Basically, Milo finally got in trouble with some of his base for being a typical gay, of all things.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Milo claims to be both a practicing Catholic and a srxually active homosexual. Conservative Christians seem unwilling to call him on this, probably because they enjoy the opportunity to make conservatism seem more diverse.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm a bit divided on the whole Milo thing, to be honest. I love what he has to say about politics and conservatism, I just don't care for the lifestyle and moral choices of the one saying it.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Milo claims to be both a practicing Catholic and a srxually active homosexual. Conservative Christians seem unwilling to call him on this, probably because they enjoy the opportunity to make conservatism seem more diverse.
                    What I find ironic is that if he was liberal, and conservatives treated him the way liberals treat him now, they'd be screaming "Homophobia!" at the top of their lungs.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Most of his fans aren't conservative Christians and the average Conservative Christian probably has no idea who he is. But yeah, that angle probably does gain him more tolerance than he might get otherwise. Conservatives love to play the submissive in the progressive frame.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I've only ever seen him speak on the Bill Maher show recently. He came off as a total dingbat, and too young, and too confused to really know what he's saying. He seems to get off on being outlandish. I got a feeling that any support anyone might have for him on the right will eventually backfire if/when he decides to alter his worldview or change sides. Maher compared him to a young, gay, and alive Christopher Hitchens. I understand the point...but I didn't get the sense that he was nearly half as clever as Hitchens.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          I've only ever seen him speak on the Bill Maher show recently. He came off as a total dingbat, and too young, and too confused to really know what he's saying. He seems to get off on being outlandish. I got a feeling that any support anyone might have for him on the right will eventually backfire if/when he decides to alter his worldview or change sides. Maher compared him to a young, gay, and alive Christopher Hitchens. I understand the point...but I didn't get the sense that he was nearly half as clever as Hitchens.
                          He's really not all that ideological; he simply likes to get people riled up, and he has that down to a science.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            What I find ironic is that if he was liberal, and conservatives treated him the way liberals treat him now, they'd be screaming "Homophobia!" at the top of their lungs.
                            Again, note that the key source of outrage and the source of the cpac disinvited has been conservative.
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

Didn't cpac have Trump cancel his speech during the election because they were planning to stage a walkout? I'm not sure how relevant cpac is anymore in the Trump era. The old conservative establishment were dealt a mortal blow.

Comment