Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And The Safe Space For Snowflake Award Goes To...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Safe Space For Snowflake Award Goes To...

You just cannot make this stuff up

Source: Fake News Site Lets Liberals Live In Alternate Reality Where Hillary Is President

Liberals seeking refuge from reality now have a fake news website where they can pretend to live in a world where Hillary Clinton is president.

“Approval ratings for President Clinton hit 89 percent,” “Confused by fake news, Redditers think Trump is president” and “DOJ considers charging Trump with treason” are just a few headlines featured on HillaryBeatTrump.org, a satirical news site devoted to covering stories from an alternate universe where Hillary won last November’s election.

“In the midst of a Constitutional crisis, this is our response,” the site’s description reads. “Long live the true president, Hillary Rodham Clinton.”

The site’s proprietors do not identify themselves online, and did not return TheDC’s request for comment, but their articles suggest they have liberal leanings.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"The site’s proprietors do not identify themselves online, and did not return TheDC’s request for comment, but their articles suggest they have liberal leanings."

A couple other headlines include: "Lazy reporting or fake news? Fox & Friends, Daily Caller mistakenly assert Trump “is president,”" "Historians say Clinton's presidency is already in “all time top 5”" and "NYT pans Clinton's “oppressively intelligent press conference” as “boring and too sane"”

While the website claims to be satire, it also says that it’s an active part of the organized anti-Trump movement, the "resistance" and the site bills itself as "NEWS FROM THE REAL AMERICA, WHERE THE MAJORITY RULES."
    Last edited by rogue06; 02-21-2017, 06:50 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I'm not sure how this is related to safe spaces or snowflakes? It's just a goofy satire site. Maybe not necessarily a good satire site, but the point doesn't seem to be any more a distributor of fake news than The Onion.

Comment

Do they all have butt ropes like spiders?
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        I'm not sure how this is related to safe spaces or snowflakes? It's just a goofy satire site. Maybe not necessarily a good satire site, but the point doesn't seem to be any more a distributor of fake news than The Onion.
        the onion does satire, this site seems just do fantasy

Hmm much like the MSM

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
          Do they all have butt ropes like spiders?
          I don't quite know what that means but I like the cut of your jib.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            I don't quite know what that means but I like the cut of your jib.
            Many thanks, g.

Comment

Many thanks, g.
              You don't have to swoon every time someone goes all nautical on you, fish-boi.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                You don't have to swoon every time someone goes all nautical on you, fish-boi.
                I thought jib meant swarthy good looks?

Comment

I thought jib meant swarthy good looks?
                  It does! Or at least it should.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Facts before opinion. I know Sparko thinks liberals are insane enough to have a fantasy news site because they can't deal with reality (and presumably anyone who said amen to him), as does Rogue06.

Here are a few of the headlines.

Trump vehemently denies mental illness, explaining: "I'm on tons of cocaine"

Mike Pence’s latest hobby: Gardening with Grindr matches

Anthony Weiner switches to rotary phone

No worries: Paul Ryan found his Adderall

Riots after state of emergency declared in California over boba tea shortage
                    This is Onion flavored material. Anyone thinking this isn't a satire website hasn't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Facts before opinion. I know Sparko thinks liberals are insane enough to have a fantasy news site because they can't deal with reality (and presumably anyone who said amen to him), as does Rogue06.

Here are a few of the headlines.

This is Onion flavored material. Anyone thinking this isn't a satire website hasn't read it.
                      Leonhard, it's not so much that the site is satire, but that it leans so heavily towards what many liberals would dearly love to be true.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And the safe space for generational haters awards goes to: Theologyweb.com.
                        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                          And the safe space for generational haters awards goes to: Theologyweb.com.
                          How can it be safe if you can slap people with large trout?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            How can it be safe if you can slap people with large trout?
                            I'm eating two fish tacos for dinner.
                            I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                              I'm eating two fish tacos for dinner.
                              I had a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. Maybe I'll have fish tonight.

sigpic

Comment