Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And The Safe Space For Snowflake Award Goes To...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read it for about 20 minutes before I realized it wasn't NPR's site.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/alternate-realities-and-trump-mandala-effect-and-what-cern-does.html

There's a theory going around online that CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research) experiments have caused the world to shift into an alternate reality where Donald Trump has become president.

As most people would agree, this clearly can be labeled fake news.

© Copyright Original Source

It goes onto say this.

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/alternate-realities-and-trump-mandala-effect-and-what-cern-does.html

Trump theorists cite "the Mandela effect," a phenomenon that occurs when large groups of people believe something happened even though evidence shows it isn't true. Some think more of these incidents have occurred since CERN was established, and suggest that its particle physics experiments are causing the world to shift into parallel universes. People are recalling the original reality, which is why there is divergent thought according to the believers.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

There's a theory going around online that CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research) experiments have caused the world to shift into an alternate reality where Donald Trump has become president.

It goes onto say this.

Trump theorists cite "the Mandela effect," a phenomenon that occurs when large groups of people believe something happened even though evidence shows it isn't true. Some think more of these incidents have occurred since CERN was established, and suggest that its particle physics experiments are causing the world to shift into parallel universes. People are recalling the original reality, which is why there is divergent thought according to the believers.

I wonder if Darfius will show up here. He supports the Mandela effect, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

It goes onto say this.

Proof that Darfius is right!!!
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
            And the safe space for generational haters awards goes to: Theologyweb.com.
            What are these generational hates? Why would anyone hate generators?
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Proof that Darfius is right!!!
              Except Darfius didn't exist in the old universe. He is a figment of this new one.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You just cannot make this stuff up

Source: Fake News Site Lets Liberals Live In Alternate Reality Where Hillary Is President

Liberals seeking refuge from reality now have a fake news website where they can pretend to live in a world where Hillary Clinton is president.

“Approval ratings for President Clinton hit 89 percent,” “Confused by fake news, Redditers think Trump is president” and “DOJ considers charging Trump with treason” are just a few headlines featured on HillaryBeatTrump.org, a satirical news site devoted to covering stories from an alternate universe where Hillary won last November’s election.

“In the midst of a Constitutional crisis, this is our response,” the site’s description reads. “Long live the true president, Hillary Rodham Clinton.”

The site’s proprietors do not identify themselves online, and did not return TheDC’s request for comment, but their articles suggest they have liberal leanings.

Source

"The site’s proprietors do not identify themselves online, and did not return TheDC’s request for comment, but their articles suggest they have liberal leanings."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21022[/ATTACH]

A couple other headlines include: "Lazy reporting or fake news? Fox & Friends, Daily Caller mistakenly assert Trump “is president,”" "Historians say Clinton's presidency is already in “all time top 5”" and "NYT pans Clinton's “oppressively intelligent press conference” as “boring and too sane"”

While the website claims to be satire, it also says that it’s an active part of the organized anti-Trump movement, the "resistance" and the site bills itself as "NEWS FROM THE REAL AMERICA, WHERE THE MAJORITY RULES."

It's a satire site. Nobody's claiming that this is real, and no, liberals are not flocking to it to avoid reality. So your post is more biased BS.

Case in point:

weiner.jpg

And of course the irony is, is that the largest purveyor of fake news and the biggest snowflake of all is, president Trump. The moment someone criticizes him accurately he throws a week long hissy fit. He lies through his teeth multiple times a day with no regard for the truth whatsoever. And if you don't acknowledge this, you live in an alternative reality.
                Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                  It's a satire site. Nobody's claiming that this is real, and no, liberals are not flocking to it to avoid reality. So your post is more biased BS.

Case in point:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21064[/ATTACH]

And of course the irony is, is that the largest purveyor of fake news and the biggest snowflake of all is, president Trump. The moment someone criticizes him accurately he throws a week long hissy fit. He lies through his teeth multiple times a day with no regard for the truth whatsoever. And if you don't acknowledge this, you live in an alternative reality.
                  And at the end of the day, he's still President, not Hillary.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    And at the end of the day, he's still President, not Hillary.
                    Of course, and at the end of the day this site is still mainly an incoherent right-wing echo chamber and (sometimes) purveyor of fake news.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Of course, and at the end of the day this site is still mainly an incoherent right-wing echo chamber and (sometimes) purveyor of fake news.
                      And you remain a moron.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And you remain a moron.
                        More fake news. If you ever want to have a real debate - I mean a real one - one that's not about hurling feces at one another like most of the other unevolved chimps on this site mainly do, but is instead based on fact and rigorous argumentation, then let me know if you're capable of that. If you really want to "prove" I'm a moron, you should be down with this.

Comment

More fake news. If you ever want to have a real debate - I mean a real one - one that's not about hurling feces at one another like most of the other unevolved chimps on this site mainly do, but is instead based on fact and rigorous argumentation, then let me know if you're capable of that. If you really want to "prove" I'm a moron, you should be down with this.
                          There's no need for me to prove what is blatantly obvious. That you chose that moniker is irony enough to keep me entertained for quite a while
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

There's no need for me to prove what is blatantly obvious. That you chose that moniker is irony enough to keep me entertained for quite a while
                            Blatantly obvious? Ha. It's because you can't prove anything and you know it. It seems you'd rather just be another feces hurling chimp like most of the rest of this site. Now I know you're one of the smarter ones, but damn, don't be like the lowest common denominators on this site.

Comment

Blatantly obvious? Ha. It's because you can't prove anything and you know it. It seems you'd rather just be another feces hurling chimp like most of the rest of this site. Now I know you're one of the smarter ones, but damn, don't be like the lowest common denominators on this site.
                              Thinker, looks like you were making your monthly trolling trip, doing a bunch of hit-and-runs across the board. I hope you got it out of your system. see ya next month. ttfn.

Comment

Okay, seriously. How many conservatives here bought hook line and sinker that this was a refuge for liberals and not a satire site? Good grief, you guy's can't be that dumb. I refuse to believe it.

Comment