Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don the Con's endless lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    According to 538's tracking of votes in congress, there are 5 democratic senators and 2 democratic house members who have voted for Trump-bills more than 50% of the time. The least Trump-supportive of the Republican senators has voted for Trump-bills 84% percent of the time and there are only 4 republican house members who have supported Trump's bills less than that (the lowest at 64% support). So, so far, the democrats have been crossing the aisle a lot more than the Republicans in this administration.

GOP senators like Cruz, Rubio, McCain, Lindsey Graham, who have at times been pretty anti-Trump in rhetoric have voted pretty much down the line to support Trump's plays. The vast majority of Republicans have voted 100% in support of Trump's bills and appointments, while zero Democrats in the Senate have voted against him on everything.
    Not sure what this has to do with my post.

Presidents do not introduce legislation, though they can voice support for bills or persuade a congressman to do so.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Impotent Man View Post
      Liberals are funny when they're desperate.
      Conservatives are funny when they deny reality.

But that's nothing new.
      Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stinker View Post
        Conservatives are funny when they deny reality.

But that's nothing new.
        I see you didn't bother reading the rest of the thread.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          I see the things you describe as reactions to Trump, not particularly mature or constructive, but not alternatives to Trump. Other Republican candidates and then Clinton were alternatives to Trump, but that's all in the past.
          Turns out that I'm not the only one thinking this way.

Source: Bernard Goldberg

For at least four years the hard left will continue to call Donald Trump all sorts of names that pretty much come down to — he’s an incompetent jerk who has no business being president. And let's not pretend he won't give them the gun and ammunition they'll use to fire shots at him. If they can't help themselves, neither can he.

But if Mr. Trump is smart he'll thank his most passionate detractors — because they're doing him a favor by showing how sanctimoniously unhinged they can be. Unhinged doesn't play well with mainstream Americans, even with the ones who aren't big fans of the president.

© Copyright Original Source

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Turns out that I'm not the only one thinking this way.

Source: Bernard Goldberg

For at least four years the hard left will continue to call Donald Trump all sorts of names that pretty much come down to — he’s an incompetent jerk who has no business being president. And let's not pretend he won't give them the gun and ammunition they'll use to fire shots at him. If they can't help themselves, neither can he.

But if Mr. Trump is smart he'll thank his most passionate detractors — because they're doing him a favor by showing how sanctimoniously unhinged they can be. Unhinged doesn't play well with mainstream Americans, even with the ones who aren't big fans of the president.

That's the way most of us think about how each side entrenches itself against the other.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Politifact does it again!

Source: Breitbart

Politifact called President Trump’s deficit reduction efforts “mostly false” — while admitting that the statistics he used to make the point were factual.

President Trump tweeted ... on February 25, saying that the national debt went down by $12 billion, compared to a $200 billion increase in Obama’s first month.

PolitiFact’s Aaron Sharockman rated this statement “mostly false,” even though he says the numbers check out.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-mostly-false/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Politifact called President Trump’s deficit reduction efforts “mostly false” — while admitting that the statistics he used to make the point were factual.

President Trump tweeted ... on February 25, saying that the national debt went down by $12 billion, compared to a $200 billion increase in Obama’s first month.

PolitiFact’s Aaron Sharockman rated this statement “mostly false,” even though he says the numbers check out.

Yeah, but, but, but it could change any second!!
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Trump didn't do that. He hasn't signed into law any financial measures related to federal borrowing, so he couldn't have affected the debt. The reduction comes from policies that precede his presidency.

http://www.snopes.com/media-silence-national-debt-trump/

Secondly, Obama inherited a mess in the form of the great recession that Bush handed him. Whereas Trump inherited a recovery with records on Wall Street and an unemployment rate at 4.6%.

The deficit has been reducing for years.
                  Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                    Trump didn't do that. He hasn't signed into law any financial measures related to federal borrowing, so he couldn't have affected the debt. The reduction comes from policies that precede his presidency.

http://www.snopes.com/media-silence-national-debt-trump/

Secondly, Obama inherited a mess in the form of the great recession that Bush handed him. Whereas Trump inherited a recovery with records on Wall Street and an unemployment rate at 4.6%.

The deficit has been reducing for years.
                    But Trump tweeted the actual facts.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment